Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Bush or Kerry for Tech!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    miamijjs

If any channel 9'ers are sick of fake election hype or who "slam dunked" the debates (wtf lol) MSNBC has a really great interactive site with the latest real numbers and some good facts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6028629/

Check it out - PS it looks like Bush is still in the lead after the debates despite Kerry Fanboys fake hype (slam dunk etc). No doubt it will be close and much like Kerry the votes will "FLIP FLOP" many times before the election.

Also if either Bush or Kerry have made any good "tech promises" let me know, I don't really think they care about us "PC Folk"!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Uh, no.  According to a Newsweek poll, statisticly Kerry is ahead 47% to Bush's 45% with Nader with 2%.  You have to remember, these Polls are not taken among everyone in the united states.  Its a limited number.  There are a lot of ways this could go.  Even if Bush wins the Popularity vote he has to win the Electoral Votes.

• User profile image
    Tom Malone

Acoding to your own link Kerry won the debate

• User profile image
    MisterDonut

Don't forget the Push Polling techniques on both sides.. That tends to change the verdicts as well..

What's the latest? That John Kerry wants to Ban The Bible?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/04/faith/

• User profile image
    Simo

miamijjs wrote:

Also if either Bush or Kerry have made any good "tech promises" let me know, I don't really think they care about us "PC Folk"!

I think there's bigger things at stake

• User profile image
    miamijjs

***** PLEASE POST LINKS TO KNOWN SOURCES LIKE CNN ETC. THIS WILL SEPERATE THE REAL INFORMATION FOR THE KERRY HYPE.  ****

For those who did post a link thanks

PS. Again the source I linked above shows Bush in the lead both in soild votes and he also has more "leaning" votes.

I'm sure this score will "FLIP FLOP" many, many times (again like Kerry) but sorry Kerry fanboys it looks like bush is in the lead on this Known source.

Here's a link again:

PS PLEASE POST LINKS TO RESPECTED NON-BIAS sites

• User profile image
    tbeckner

miamijjs wrote:

How does someone know that a link is Non-Bias? All information can be Bias in either direction. Is the definition of a Non-Bias link, a link that reports your specific Bias or outcome? This is politics!

• User profile image
    Tom Malone

miamijjs wrote:
    ***** PLEASE POST LINKS TO KNOWN SOURCES LIKE CNN ETC. THIS WILL SEPERATE THE REAL INFORMATION FOR THE KERRY HYPE.  ****

For those who did post a link thanks

PS. Again the source I linked above shows Bush in the lead both in soild votes and he also has more "leaning" votes.

I'm sure this score will "FLIP FLOP" many, many times (again like Kerry) but sorry Kerry fanboys it looks like bush is in the lead on this Known source.

Here's a link again:

Just a small thing your links are msn ones isn't Bill Gates a major contributor to the republican party funds so a bias?

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/TheNote/TheNote.html

USA Today
    's Susan Page writes, "Favorable public reaction to his performance in the first presidential debate has boosted [Kerry] and narrowed the contest with President Bush to a tie, according to a new USA TODAY /CNN/Gallup Poll."

"Bush's lead of 8 percentage points before Thursday's debate evaporated in a survey taken Friday through Sunday. Among likely voters, Bush and Kerry are at 49% each. Independent candidate Ralph Nader is at 1%."

The New York Post 's headline for the Gallup poll: "JOHN POLL-VAULTS INTO TIE."

The Boston Herald's main page lead headline: "Poll vault lifts Kerry: Dem works to keep debate momentum."

Bob Novak writes, "With two more debates and a month to go before the election, Bush has serious problems to solve."

BC04 campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel told ABC News' Karen Travers that the campaign has always expected a close race.

"Since day 1 we have indicated it would be a close race," Stanzel said. "We're working hard in all the battleground states, turning out every Bush supporter. The average of the national polls shows a four percent lead for the president."

"There's a natural tightening of the polls as we get closer to election day," Stanzel said. "The Democrats' convention was not successful — they didn't lay out a vision and we did and that contributed to some increase [in poll number]. I think over the next 30 days we'll see the polls close."

ABC News' The Note loves the phrase "natural tightening" more than any other single thing in politics, just so you know.

The Wall Street Journal 's Schlesinger and Calmes calmly wrap the state of the post-debate race, proclaiming that "the vice-presidential debate suddenly has higher stakes," and report that the Kerry campaign's ad buy this week cost a whopping $8 million, "larger than any previous week's ad buy by the Democratic nominee."

USA Today 's Jill Lawrence writes, "Kerry's new thrust is that Americans are 'paying the price' for Bush's wrong choices on Iraq and the economy."

Over the weekend, two of the nation's top political reporters weighed in with race assessments:

"Senator John Kerry's aides are moving to shift the battle with President Bush to what they said was stronger ground — domestic policy — as the two men head into a second debate that is expected to focus on the economy, job creation and health care," reports the New York Times ' Adam Nagourney.

"Thursday's debate produced a dramatic psychological shift in the presidential race, but strategists said it is less clear how much impact the 90-minute encounter would have on a lead that Bush has enjoyed since his convention in New York a month ago," writes the Washington Post 's Dan Balz.

In their you-are-there week-that-was, which includes a look inside the Bush hold, Newsweek's Howard Fineman and Company make a metaphor over how the campaigns spent the night before and the night of the debate.

The Washington Post 's Howie Kurtz casts a keen eye on how influential polls — and a tight race — are on political journalism.

"'The polls drive media coverage,' says Roger Simon, chief political correspondent of U.S. News & World Report and part of the media invasion in Coral Gables. 'It controls the language. All of a sudden there's a front-runner and there's a challenger,' and Kerry had been depicted as being "in a hole. He's trying to make up lost ground. He must close the gap. He must come from behind. It's voodoo news.'"

The New York Times ' Jim Rutenberg takes a great look at the evolution of perception about a candidates and post-debate spin, which is a part of debate prep nearly as important — and some would argue more so — than making sure the candidate is on his toes.

Don't miss the end, where Nicolle Devenish plays political pundit and media analyst!!!!

The Washington Post 's Richard Morin looks at the "Security Mom" demographic, a "cleverly named and totally bogus groups of swing voters." .

The Boston Globe 's Rick Klein reported on Sunday that "the Christian Coalition's voting guides will ship out shortly. And pastors across West Virginia are making the case — sometimes explicitly, sometimes less so — that President Bush is a better choice on spiritual grounds than Democrat John F. Kerry."

"An unscientific survey of U.S. military personnel shows they support President Bush for re-election by a 4-to-1 ratio. Two-thirds of those responding said John Kerry's anti-war activities after he returned from Vietnam make them less likely to vote for him," reports USA Today 's Dave Moniz.

The Chicago Tribune's Rick Pearson writes about how the two candidates use sports, sports enthusiasts, and sports celebrities to score points.

William Safire looks back at Kerry's debate performance and declares him the newest neocon.

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Simple, just not a site like www.georgebush.com or http://www.michaelmoore.com/

It's simular to how some apple fanboys will put links to apples homepage and say its unbias information.

So stick to national tv etc. While some of you may cry everything is bias thats better than tring to get a fair review of Bush on michael moores site.

SIMPLE!!!!!

• User profile image
    Blkbam

PC World has an article detailing the candidates issues with a survey they submitted to each campaign.  I wish there was a few questions about outsourcing and jobs on there but I guess we can't have everything we want.

Also it appears that the Bush survey isn't complete.  It must've been hard work to complete the survey since you can't really write "Ummm" and "Uuuhhh" as answers.  Unless he is saying that right now and still trying to answer the questions!

• User profile image
    miamijjs

**** COME ON prog_dotnet lets put links instead of 1000 word cut and pastes that can be edited or changed to the posters liking.

PS. you a smart guy (??) please put links that link instead of a link the reader has to cut and paste...what a better way to make a reader not want to go to a "real un biased site" and read you possibly edited (to your liking) comments.

silly rabbit... tricks are for kids

• User profile image
    miamijjs

Blkbam:

The polls will "flip Flop" many times just like Kerry.

The polls are as up to the day as possible, nothing will be 100% until the elections

• User profile image
    miamijjs

The latest results 10-5 show bush is still in the lead both in soild votes and "leaning" votes.

• User profile image
    Blkbam

miamijjs wrote:
    Blkbam:

The polls are as up to the day as possible, nothing will be 100% until the elections

I'm glad to see that much like the rest of America that can't seem to think for themselves (including Bush) you stick to media created buzz words to slander someone and turn this into a popularity contest instead of having your own opinion and voting for someone who will make this country a better place to live first and then save the world second.

If you keep spouting that nothing will be 100% until the elections then stop quoting these bias polls that are not reflective of how the nation feels but how the people who answered the polls feel. 

I can tell by your posts that you are for Bush but let me ask you this, What in the last four years has he done for this country to make it better?  I hope you have a better answer than Saddam and Iraq.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

miamijjs wrote:
    Blkbam:

Heh.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/3/7/213753/1954
    http://wampum.wabanaki.net/archives/000815.html
    http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/videos_corr.jhtml?startIndex=25&p=stewart (bush vs bush video)

The reality is that situations change. Part of being a leader is recognizing those changes. It's just unfortunate that the Bush campaign has tried to take things out of context and tried to galvanize this as "at least I stand firm no matter what".

That's not what a good leader does.

• User profile image
    sbc

Bug still exists with links ending in .html

One thing I find useful is Linkification, a Firefox extension, that converts plain text links into real links.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I am not sure who is best for tech. I am pretty sure there will be the same lobbyists no matter who is pres.

CNN is biased?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.