Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What point dose Vista give you?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Mikyt

I got 4.2 point in Windows Vista. And you.

The highest point in Windows Vista is 5.0? Right?

• User profile image
    littleguru

I have a 4.0. That is only because of my CPU. For all the other pieces that are measured I get between 4.4 and 5.9!

The highest point is 6, but they are going to extend it to 7 in RTM.

• User profile image
    Mikyt

littleguru wrote:
    I have a 4.0. That is only because of my CPU. For all the other pieces that are measured I get between 4.4 and 5.9!

The highest point is 6, but they are going to extend it to 7 in RTM.

7 point in RTM. What are they going to do? Can't imagine!

Vista is really really a long-wait OS in Microsoft history.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Mikyt wrote:
    7 point in RTM. What are they going to do? Can't imagine!

Intel Quadcore, Dual-SLI nVidia GeForce 8950GTX 4GB-GDDR4, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 1.5TB RAID-0, HD-DVD.

I can see that being the "high-end" norm within a year.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Mine's a 3.7, just like littleguru it's the CPU that's dragging it down.

My laptop gets 1.0, there's it's the video card that's responsible for the low score. Sad

• User profile image
    littleguru

I don't understand why MS didn't make it an open system with no highest score... I mean 1.0 for a computer that runs vista basic. Like other benchmarks do: In 10 years we have then scores around 1000 points or so.

• User profile image
    DCMonkey

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz 3.4
      Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB 4.5
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) 5.9
    Gaming graphics 767 MB Total available graphics memory 4.3
    Primary hard disk 51GB Free (76GB Total) 5.1
    Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate

I had a FX5200 in my Vista machine that was rated 2.6. It was a bit sluggish but usable for day-to-day tasks. But WPF performance was horrible.

The new 7600 makes a big difference, but I'm still a bit worried about the WPF performance.

• User profile image
    dahat

When I tried it on my primary desktop for a time I got a 1.9... solely because my main HD only had about 15 gigs free... which is kind of odd considering I had about 100 gigs free on the other HD’s in the system.

• User profile image
    jamie

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

littleguru wrote:
    I don't understand why MS didn't make it an open system with no highest score... I mean 1.0 for a computer that runs vista basic. Like other benchmarks do: In 10 years we have then scores around 1000 points or so.

No you wont, they'll probaly have it change over time so a PC that was rated, lets say 4.0 now, will be rated at 2.0 or 2.5 in a few years.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Is there a similar tool for XP? One that tells you how well Vista will run on your PC?

• User profile image
    Oguz

My notebook Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi

• User profile image
    AndyC

Jason Cox wrote:

No you wont, they'll probaly have it change over time so a PC that was rated, lets say 4.0 now, will be rated at 2.0 or 2.5 in a few years.

I seem to recall a PDC talk (possibly Raymond Chen's) that stated this was not the case. The values will simply increase over time, otherwise vendors would have to re-label their packages periodically.

• User profile image
    MasterPi

jamie wrote:

I get that too. Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.