Coffeehouse Thread

38 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

We Should Unban Beer

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    footballism

    if we can unban Eagle, then why not Beer?:O

    Sheva

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    footballism wrote:
    if we can unban Eagle, then why not Beer?

    Sheva


    Because Eagle was temporarily banned because of some disrespectful statements he made, but Beer was banned because of approximately two years of stirring up trouble, perhaps?

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    ... we shouldn't un-ban beer28 because he was way over the line. Threatening people offline with legal action is not cool and this was only for starters.

    Eagle wasn't that far over and just needed a slap on the wrist.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    Oh heck beer wanted to be banned, he could complete his "book" then

  • User profile image
    BenZillaThe​Second

    Well, Beer is already back under a couple of other alias's.

  • User profile image
    footballism

        But we have to admit that Beer has been made a lot of awesome posts about Unix/Linux stuff, actually he does more harm than good to Channel9, but we have to admit that sometimes, he is really helpful to this community.
    Sheva

  • User profile image
    Sabot

    footballism wrote:
        But we have to admit that Beer has been made a lot of awesome posts about Unix/Linux stuff, actually he does more harm than good to Channel9, but we have to admit that sometimes, he is really helpful to this community.
    Sheva


    His linux contributions were good but ... this isn't a Linux forum or community. It's nice to see whats going on in Linux but it shouldn't take over ... this community is all about balance, thats how it works.

    He was to disruptive and upset to many people.

    I think we should draw a line under the Beer episode that seems to haunt C9.

    Beer brought it on himself and thats that.

    I wish Beer luck where ever he/she is

  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

    Beer is already back.  Corona coder, FDisk, DarthVista, Thumbtacks, ChrisA all Beer28

  • User profile image
    Lee_Dale

    If beer threatened me offline, I'd cut of his ears and use them as slippers! lol

  • User profile image
    Minh

    Just keep Beer28 away from Karim, because when those 2 get together, sex with farm animals always seem ensue.

  • User profile image
    fdisk

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Beer is already back.  Corona coder, FDisk, DarthVista, Thumbtacks, ChrisA all Beer28
    fdisk != Beer28

    Ask Beer28.

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    fdisk wrote:
    
    rjdohnert wrote:Beer is already back.  Corona coder, FDisk, DarthVista, Thumbtacks, ChrisA all Beer28
    fdisk != Beer28

    Ask Beer28.


    OK. Beer, are you fdisk?

  • User profile image
    Tensor

    leeappdalecom wrote:
    If beer threatened me offline, I'd cut of his ears and use them as slippers! lol


    Which begs the question: do you have small feet, or does he have really big ears?

  • User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

    I actually do believe Beer should be unbanned. Things have really gotten unbalanced around here as of late in terms of tech opinions.

  • User profile image
    fdisk

    I think this other "I'm not Beer" poser should instead focus his energies like a laser on one personna. That might add another dimension to the entertainment, too.

    Get out the ban hammer!

  • User profile image
    staceyw

    footballism wrote:
    if we can unban Eagle, then why not Beer?

    Sheva


    No, because it is just too easy to simulate beer.  All they have to do is create an AutoBot that just replies to every post with "Windows stinks, Linux is better...".   What do we learn?

  • User profile image
    jsrfc58

    staceyw wrote:
    
    footballism wrote: if we can unban Eagle, then why not Beer?

    Sheva
    No, because it is just too easy to simulate beer.  All they have to do is create an AutoBot that just replies to every post with "Windows stinks, Linux is better...".   What do we learn?
    That's not true. Some of Beer's replies I did not always understand at first, but later on I referred back to them once I became familiar with a Linux distro or two. I'm not saying that he was always correct in his assessments, but in several cases he made some very good points. Yes, the legal issues were a little over the top, and I'm still unclear as to what those accomplished.

  • User profile image
    staceyw

    jsrfc58 wrote:
    
    staceyw wrote: 
    footballism wrote: if we can unban Eagle, then why not Beer?

    Sheva
    No, because it is just too easy to simulate beer.  All they have to do is create an AutoBot that just replies to every post with "Windows stinks, Linux is better...".   What do we learn?
    That's not true. Some of Beer's replies I did not always understand at first, but later on I referred back to them once I became familiar with a Linux distro or two. I'm not saying that he was always correct in his assessments, but in several cases he made some very good points. Yes, the legal issues were a little over the top, and I'm still unclear as to what those accomplished.


    That maybe true.  But to get those tid bits, we all had to pay a very high tax.  It just got too old and boring and it has been done already - many times.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.