Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Whidbey release in my hands vs. the version demoed by Don & Chris

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    azavareh

Can someone help me with this question that why the Whidbey version that I have (handed out to us @ DevDays) does not have the Longhorn Tile project templates? For that matter, why my install doesn't seem to have any Longhorn project templates all together! While I can see Don Box and Chris Anderson creating a Longhorn Tile project template, using Visual Studio (during their "Lap Around Longhorn" video).

Thank you,
    Afshin 

• User profile image
    Bryn Waibel

Hmm, I could swear that I remember the PDC build of Longhorn containing project templates for tiles. While i could be wrong about that, there was actually a fairly active discussion over on Brad Abrams' blog about which build to use for PDC in the Demos.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Don't you have to install the Longhorn SDK to get those Longhorn specific templates?

• User profile image
    azavareh

Thank you Bryn ... So, as I had suspected, it is the build that is the culprit here. I'll try to find the PDC build then.

Thank you,
    Afshin

• User profile image
    azavareh

ZippyV, thank you very much. I just installed the SDK and I now have all the Longhorn templates.

Thanks again,
    Afshin

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.