Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The Coffeehouse

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    WBurggraaf

While I’m opening the door to this very cool coffee house I’m looking towards allot off people who are starring at me. A weird feeling goes through me that I’m the new kid in town, while I’m taking a seat in the front, looking for a waitress or a coffee machine I can’t find any. While everybody went back to their conversation I could get a clear view on all the people in the room. A guy in the back talking about trolls could be a moderator but I’m not sure. The first question that goes through my mind is, why do a guy like him work for a coffeehouse like this. Is he self a developer who wants to spread the word, or a social man who felt alone behind his desk. Like they say most developers aren’t the most social people, but is that true? If you look at community’s around, your looking at a wide range of developers who love to communicate about their creative findings. But allot of developers have an other background, some are c# programmers who love to think in strong typed information. But when he’s talking to another person he doesn’t always know the type information the other person is talking about. VB.NET programmers love late binding to find out what the other meant, but when they are lazy in the early conversation do they have listened to what the other person really said. I recognize allot of those people around. While I’m looking for the toilet or loo I’m having in mind that I’m beginning to like this place and that the only thing I miss is a good conversation.

• User profile image
    Massif

The only thing I miss are new lines for paragraphs.

But never mind. To paraphrase starwars, the conversation flows through you.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Nice. Welcome to the coffeehouse. *gives him some coffee* I hope you enjoy your stay. Smiley

• User profile image
    WBurggraaf

[C] Thanx needed that one.

• User profile image
    sbc

Have a biscuit too.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Welcome to C9 WBurggraaf !

Actually the Coffeehouse is famous for our boundary pushing conversations and you are most welcome to take part in any of them.

Many new people find that C9 is, for the most part, an easy community to become established in because we don't operate a 'star' system based on how many posts you have.

Their is no hierarchy here and it's really all about quality of contribution ... as long as it's legal, decent and honourable, it doesn't have to even be new!

Don't worry about English not being your first language either ... it's not a problem at all.

Anyway, you are most welcome ... if you have any questions, create a thread and share ... no such thing as a stupid question! ... or if you are a bit embarrased drop me an email, I'm happy to answer and questions regarding C9.

• User profile image
    sbc

Sabot wrote:

Welcome to C9 WBurggraaf !

Actually the Coffeehouse is famous for our boundary pushing conversations and you are most welcome to take part in any of them.

Many new people find that C9 is, for the most part, an easy community to become established in because we don't operate a 'star' system based on how many posts you have.

Their is no hierarchy here and it's really all about quality of contribution ... as long as it's legal, decent and honourable, it doesn't have to even be new!

Don't worry about English not being your first language either ... it's not a problem at all.

Anyway, you are most welcome ... if you have any questions, create a thread and share ... no such thing as a stupid question! ... or if you are a bit embarrased drop me an email, I'm happy to answer and questions regarding C9.

New members soon find out who the top poster is as he often mentions it in posts. A big ego too. Too much free time on his hands perhaps?

• User profile image
    ewschone

Welcome Big Smile. One word of warning, this board is kinda addictive, for whatever reason (cant quite put my finger on it).

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

ewschone wrote:
    Welcome . One word of warning, this board is kinda addictive, for whatever reason (cant quite put my finger on it).
    Yes. We have quite a community here. I think the attraction is watching Microsoft employees come on here and take troll cream pies to the face on a regular basis...and be good sports about it.

• User profile image
    irascian

sbc wrote:
    A big ego too. Too much free time on his hands perhaps?

Is anybody else other than me getting fed up to the back teeth of people on here whining about people having too big an ego?

Robert Scoble has an incredibly successful blog because he spends every hour of his day working on it, but still finds time to come and post here, and guess what? All he gets is endless jibes about having a big ego.

Rory Blythe makes a few funny and interesting posts, having got some recognition for his own blog, and guess what? He keeps getting jibes about being egotistical.

And now another niner (I'm guessing webbo as he's the most prolific poster) is told he's got a huge ego just because he jokes in passing a couple of times that Charles identified him as having made the most posts a while back.

Seems to me the ONLY people here with ego problems are those who keep whining that people who actually contribute something to the community have big egos.

Is it rabid jealousy, insecurity or what? Whatever it is it's getting REALLY tired now.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Rory: "Robert...how big is your, um, ego?"
    Robert: "My ego? Why...did somebody mention it?"
    Rory: "Oh yeah, the size of your ego is all over the internet."
    Robert: "Oh...well, people talk..."
    Rory: "That's true, but...is it try what they're saying?"
    Robert: "..that depends - what are they saying exactly?"
    Rory: "They're saying that it's HUGE!"
    Robert: "Oh, yeah...I can't help it!"

* In walks W3bbo

W3bbo: "Hey guys, did you hear? Somebody said I had a big...'you-know'"

Silly boys, comparing ego's again.

irascian wrote:

sbc wrote:A big ego too. Too much free time on his hands perhaps?

Is anybody else other than me getting fed up to the back teeth of people on here whining about people having too big an ego?

Robert Scoble has an incredibly successful blog because he spends every hour of his day working on it, but still finds time to come and post here, and guess what? All he gets is endless jibes about having a big ego.

Rory Blythe makes a few funny and interesting posts, having got some recognition for his own blog, and guess what? He keeps getting jibes about being egotistical.

And now another niner (I'm guessing webbo as he's the most prolific poster) is told he's got a huge ego just because he jokes in passing a couple of times that Charles identified him as having made the most posts a while back.

Seems to me the ONLY people here with ego problems are those who keep whining that people who actually contribute something to the community have big egos.

Is it rabid jealousy, insecurity or what? Whatever it is it's getting REALLY tired now.

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

^^^ lol

welcome WBurggraaf.....

• User profile image
    WBurggraaf

People with Big ego's right, well I hope they like a good discusion Wink.

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

WBurggraaf wrote:
    People with Big ego's right, well I hope they like a good discusion .

Yeah, no worries, eh? Plenty of good discussions and a passionate group of some pretty smart folks.

Welcome to Channel 9. Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Fortunately it's a Coffeehouse, not a Coffeeshop (since you're a Dutchie you know what I mean Tongue Out )

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Welcome to 9ville, enjoy your stay!

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Dupe

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Dupe

Bwa, some kind of bug here...? Expressionless

I could swear i only hit 'Post' once...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.