Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WoW: Trying to download the demo version

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

This is a nightmare! 2.8 GB download for a demo version. This must be the full version with a limited serial. To big for me. And you need to activate P2P: means I can't surf to any page, as the upload is completely full

*getting something else*

• User profile image
    jolson88

Don't do it! Cancel now! RUN RUN RUN!!!!

We'll never see you again Sad. It's been nice knowing you!

As a recovering addict, I sincerely feel for what you are about to endure Smiley. The questing, the leveling, the... the... DAMN, I miss it!

• User profile image
    littleguru

The downloader already putting a barrier between me and WoW. No WoW for me.

• User profile image
    jolson88

I'm really not looking forward to how hard it is going to be to resist The Burning Crusade expansion Sad.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier
  • User profile image
    JKelley

If you really want to try it try going to www.gamespot.com

I've been having terrible luck with Blizzard's download system lately but Gamespot usually has the files anyway.  The p2p patch distribution thing just doesn't work very well.  Especially on the larger patches.

• User profile image
    Chadk

littleguru wrote:
    This is a nightmare! 2.8 GB download for a demo version. This must be the full version with a limited serial. To big for me. And you need to activate P2P: means I can't surf to any page, as the upload is completely full

*getting something else*

Bah littleguru, you should not be playing wow. You should be flying a huge spaceship, in eve online!

• User profile image
    Rossj

I wonder if WoW has the equivalent of the Civ 4 Addicts Assoc?

Trailer wrote:

"I'd play for 2 ... 3 ... days straight, wouldn't eat, wouldn't get up for the bathroom."

"You'd go three days without going to the toilet?"

"I said I didn't get up"

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Chadk wrote:

littleguru wrote: This is a nightmare! 2.8 GB download for a demo version. This must be the full version with a limited serial. To big for me. And you need to activate P2P: means I can't surf to any page, as the upload is completely full

*getting something else*

Bah littleguru, you should not be playing wow. You should be flying a huge spaceship, in eve online!

Hear, hear!

How could anyone who works with technology stay away from a world that lets you fly a space ship Smiley

• User profile image
    Sampy

I'm Bixy, 60 Gnome Warlock, on Earthen Ring (US) for those who want to harass me.

My guild's working on C'Thun now. Once we get him down we'll swing back and kill Ouro then off to Naxx! Can't wait for the expansion. I'm looking forward to getting back to my Shaman roots and rolling Draeni.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sampy wrote:
    I'm Bixy, 60 Gnome Warlock, on Earthen Ring (US) for those who want to harass me.

My guild's working on C'Thun now. Once we get him down we'll swing back and kill Ouro then off to Naxx! Can't wait for the expansion. I'm looking forward to getting back to my Shaman roots and rolling Draeni.

Could someone translate for me?

• User profile image
    figuerres

Rossj wrote:

Sampy wrote: I'm Bixy, 60 Gnome Warlock, on Earthen Ring (US) for those who want to harass me.

Could someone translate for me?

Big Smile

Dim Bixy as GnomeWarlock
    Dim MyGuild as Guild

Bixy.Location = Wow.EarthenRing

Guild.Add( Bixy)
    Guild.CurrentTask = CThun

• User profile image
    littleguru

Southpark WoW wrote:
    We should give the swort to the once who have proofen to have no life

Big Smile

• User profile image
    ewschone

Rossj wrote:
    I wonder if WoW has the equivalent of the Civ 4 Addicts Assoc?

Trailer wrote:
    "I'd play for 2 ... 3 ... days straight, wouldn't eat, wouldn't get up for the bathroom."

"You'd go three days without going to the toilet?"

"I said I didn't get up"

Hehe, that's very funny, havent played it in quite a while, civ4 is a lot of fun !

About Wow: had a lot of fun the 1st few months it was released, met some fun people I was questing with almost every night, but once you hit 60, it's a whole different game, and just about the only thing to do, is doing instances ad nauseum (and have ppl yell at you when you're joking around and / or make mistakes).

Going from 60 -> 70 in the new expansion might be fun, I noticed theyre releasing a Collector's edition again, it'll tough not to order it [6].

• User profile image
    jolson88

ScanIAm wrote:

How could anyone who works with technology stay away from a world that lets you fly a space ship

Yeah, I'm TRULY SCREWED when the Star Trek MMORPG comes out Sad

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

littleguru wrote:

*getting something else*

In a few weeks I'll be back home from my US vacation, and I'll be cutting down my work-hours to one half, ostensibly dedicating the other half to my studies. I was considering allowing myself to slip into the WoW hole, though. I have friends trying to lure me down that path to join them on the dark side...
    *sigh*

• User profile image
    littleguru

Buying a demo Big Smile Haha! Never.
    It was the Southpark episode that made me curious about WoW, but it's all over now.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.