Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Aero on 3, 4 or more monitors? Post config?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

just - anyone doing this, trying to do this, who has it working - it would be a great help - post what your using.

(all ati / nvidia solutions to date - not happen'in) (here)

* sounds like a country song..."Aero on 3, 4 or more monitors? Post config."

..seriously though...  ?

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I havent seen it done, most I got it to work with is a laptop and a projecter.  I did use it at my brothers wedding, I was the DJ and the "memory lane" guy

jamie wrote:
    just - anyone doing this, trying to do this, who has it working - it would be a great help - post what your using.

(all ati / nvidia solutions to date - not happen'in) (here)

* sounds like a country song..."Aero on 3, 4 or more monitors? Post config."

..seriously though...  ?

• User profile image
    ShahnHogan

Monitors (3):

(1) Dell 17" DVI connection

(2) Phillips 17" Analog connection

Video Cards (2):

(1) (I don't recall the make) NVIDIA Quadro FX 550 (I think or equivelent) 128MB PCIe, using built-in WDDM drivers

(1) XFX GeForce 5200 256MB PCI, using built-in WDDM drivers

Quadro FX is controlling two monitors #1, #3 and the FX 5200 is controlling #2. Glass works on all monitors and works well with build 5728. I haven't tried 5744 yet.

• User profile image
    jamie

wild that your pcie mons are  128 ram and the one pci is 256

ok there's one.  that helps.  more?

* i have 1 256 meg radeon 770 pcie -  + a 256 ati 9250 pci  and a Nvidia 550 geforce 128 pci

• User profile image
    PaoloM

jamie wrote:
    Nvidia 550 geforce 128 pci

Uh? Sure it's 550? Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

5500  sorry

*just retrying it now - no luck so far

• User profile image
    jamie

ok - here's info on both cards

For the Sapphire 9250:  Specs

Empowering your creative element is what Sapphire does best and the SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 continues this commitment with an advanced relationship between hardware and software! Fueled by the industry's leading technology in the ATI RADEON 9250 core, the SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 comes fully loaded with its four pixel shader pipeline, SMARTSHADER technology, full hardware support for Microsoft DirectX 8.1 and DX9 compliance. The latest addition to the Sapphire family offers a full compliment of support for the hottest gaming titles available and still remains flexible enough to meet all of your multimedia needs with features such as VIDEO IMMERSION and FULLSTREAM technologies which provide for amazing video playback quality.

Q:  i am (painfully) aware there is currently no radeon driver for the 9250 - but judging from above bold text - is there ...hope?
    What is 4 pixel shader - and smart shader ...does that = pixel shader 2.0? 

For the Nvidia based EVGA eGeForce FX 5500  (ddr/128/pci): Specs

• 128-bit Studio-Precision Color
    • Digital Vibrance Control 3.0
    • Integrated TV encoder
    • Integrated full hardware MPEG-2 Decoder
    • Full DirectX 9 with Vertex/Pixel Shader 2.0+ Support

Q: This card says it supports it...but doesnt work - black screen.  doesnt work with aero - or basic.  doesnt work at all.  I cannot check IRQ settings - as the card isnt installed "Disable becuase it is not compatible with the VGA adapter" vista says.

So there is where im at.  ive purchased 2 cards for the mission to run aero - and nither work.  If anyone has one of these cards - or MS - if you feel like re-writing your WDM drivers to work (they dont in 5744) i would appreciate it.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.