Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

EverNote: Kicking OneNote to the curb?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

I only recently heard about this application, and sadly I can't try it since I'm playing with Ubuntu on my laptop for this class in college.

All that aside now, I think I'm going to throw Vista RC2 on here next weekend, but until then can I get your thoughts on this application?

http://www.evernote.com/en/news/media.php

Is it really better than One Note?

More importantly, to those of you beta testing One Note 2007, which is better in your opinion?

Stefan

• User profile image
    TadejK

I've been using OneNote for quite some time now .. as well as using OneNote 2007 since beta2.
    Took a look at EverNote's site and I can't say I'm impressed. I didn't really find anything I would like - except the fact that the basic version is free.
    For instance, I don't like that they apparently save the stuff in a db .. with OneNote, you have everything within files - very easy to backup and transfer from one computer to another - also easy for syncing.
    There are, of course, some interesting features - price, as I mentioned, is one. Then you have the encryption ability (perhaps OneNote has it .. have no idea - never needed sth like that Smiley). And that's about that Wink

Don't really listen to me .. I haven't exactly tried EverNote Cool

Regards,
    Tadej

• User profile image
    Minh

Buggy. Maybe 'cuz on a Tablet PC. UI is real awkward for TPC, too. Some screen elements are really tiny... Interesting idea. Too few templates. Uninstalled.

• User profile image
    longzheng

Haven't tried EverNote, but I use nearly OneNote 2007 everyday at school. There's only a handful of user-experience improvements, but they make a very good difference against OneNote 2003. Big Smile

OneNote is one of those applications that is in its golden-age. Everything is nearly perfect, anything less will make it unfunctional, and anything more will make it bloated.

• User profile image
    TadejK

longzheng wrote:
    OneNote is one of those applications that is in its golden-age. Everything is nearly perfect, anything less will make it unfunctional, and anything more will make it bloated.

Exactly! Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.