Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

My wifes birthday - gift ideas?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

My wife is having her 26th birthday in 9 days. I'm not too sure what to get her. Any ideas?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

If you don't know, how do you expect us to? Tongue Out

The only thing you can expect from us is generic stuff: flowers, chocolates, dinner in a really fancy restaurant, etc. If it has to be something personal, only you can know.

I also find it helps to ask the person in question what they want. Smiley

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Sven Groot wrote:
    If you don't know, how do you expect us to?

The only thing you can expect from us is generic stuff: flowers, chocolates, dinner in a really fancy restaurant, etc. If it has to be something personal, only you can know.

I also find it helps to ask the person in question what they want.

She already told me she wants to go to Disney Land...which we are. She also wanted an expansion pack for her digital camera, which she's getting. She also wanted the movie, Click, with Adam Sandler - which she's getting Smiley

I just wanted to know what interesting ideas the niners would come up with.

• User profile image
    Zeus

My birthday is coming up this sunday, and my wife has been all over me for the last few weeks trying to find out what I want ... aparently I'm "difficult" Smiley

Anyways ... just ask her ... that is the safest way. Then she will be happy with what she gets. But get her something extra too ... like some flowers or something sweet, nicely layed out on the bed before she goes to sleep on her birthday ... she won't see that one coming Wink

• User profile image
    Rory

What kind of stuff does she like?

There are some soaps/perfumes/lotions/etc. that come to mind if you wanted to get her something along those lines.

• User profile image
    phreaks

jsampsonPC wrote:
    My wife is having her 26th birthday in 9 days. I'm not too sure what to get her. Any ideas?

My wife loves to go out to a fancy restaraunt  for a romantic dinner(you know how they love getting all dolled up), and then followed by a nice jazz club for some intimate dancing.

I know it isn't something tangible, but I have had pretty good results with it in the past, and great memories too.

//Happy Birthday Mrs. Sampson (^)

• User profile image
    RHinNC

I got a great idea!

To show your giving spirit, buy me a nVidia 7950GTX video card.

Then tell your wife you wanted her to see just how generous of a person she married.

Sure to impress her, I'm almost sure.Wink

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Dude, give her a gift card for an hour long massage at the best spa in town or a relaxing pedicure at her favorate salon. In addition, purchase a pretty bouquet of flowers and a romantic Hallmark card.

A formal dinner and dancing is also an idea if work doesnt interfere.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

foot massage....trust me.

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

jsampsonPC wrote:

Belive me, when i missed her five birthdays Big Smile , rather than giving her gifts (which can be done other times also not only on birtdays), I just created a interactive web page, pouring all my feelings and proper images flowers, cakes, (Every thing) and clearly wrote how much i truly love her (i mean it), Thats it. Wink Cool

Its my way of making relationship strong.  I would say give her something which she has not received from past 25 years OR express in such a way that she should not get words to speak. Be HONEST.

It will do its work. Get in, get going. [A]

• User profile image
    LaBomba

hahah, yeah nerds have the best ideas ^, lol Smiley

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

My wife just so happened to be looking at some threads (sitting next to me) while browsing around the coffee house tonight.  She of course freaked when she saw your thread.

My wife runs a home based business with a Swiss Skin Care, Health & Wellness company and loves the products and has had a lot of success making suggestions and building gift baskets.  Wink  Below is her website with links to products and contact info.  Get a hold of her (or me) if you're interested.

http://porter.myarbonne.com

• User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

HumanCompiler wrote:
    My wife just so happened to be looking at some threads (sitting next to me) while browsing around the coffee house tonight.  She of course freaked when she saw your thread.

My wife runs a home based business with a Swiss Skin Care, Health & Wellness company and loves the products and has had a lot of success making suggestions and building gift baskets.    Below is her website with links to products and contact info.  Get a hold of her (or me) if you're interested.

http://porter.myarbonne.com/">http://porter.myarbonne.com

You got it made. Thanks for the link.

Just saw the link, Its really great.  Successful Independent Consultant, convey my congratulations to your wife. Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

So HC have you ever tried any of the free samples, a little face cream perhaps...can you recommend something? Tongue Out:O

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

LaBomba wrote:
    So HC have you ever tried any of the free samples, a little face cream perhaps...can you recommend something?

I, in fact, have tried some of the stuff.  Tongue Out  I have a guy friend (another .NET programmer actually) who is hooked on their shampoo.  Works better than any he's ever used.  I'm mostly a fan of the products my wife uses (I do not use her products...the girly ones).  Some of the best smelling stuff I've ever laid my nose on.  Smiley

Take a look at their stuff though, really, it's not all just girly stuff.  Wink

http://www.arbonne.com

There's a mens line, weight loss stuff, etc.  I'm biased though.  I think anything that's natural, herbal, whatever...stuff from the earth and not man-made chemicals is great in my book.  Smiley

• User profile image
    LaBomba

HumanCompiler wrote:

I think anything that's natural, herbal, whatever...stuff from the earth and not man-made chemicals is great in my book. 

I'm with you on that one.

• User profile image
    littleguru

The last two presents to my girlfriend were a custom painting (I drew two birds - a naked one and one looking like the once underneath - from For The Birds by using pastel colors) and a puzzle showing me in a tree.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

You should get a male stripper to perform for her. I'd be happy to offer you my services, if you could fly me over to the States.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.