Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Where's .NET 3.0 RTM?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Stebet

I was hoping it'd be released before or at the same time Vista goes RTM. Since it's supposed to be integrated, i'd have thought it would have to be completed before Vista can be RTM'd.

Maybe it's the Framework that's holding Vista back still? Tongue Out

Here's to a few more weeks of patience Wink

• User profile image
    footballism

Stebet wrote:

Maybe it's the Framework that's holding Vista back still?

Nope, .Net FX 3.0 has nothing to do with Vista, it's a completely seperate product bit.

Sheva

• User profile image
    Stebet

footballism wrote:

Stebet wrote:
    Maybe it's the Framework that's holding Vista back still?

Nope, .Net FX 3.0 has nothing to do with Vista, it's a completely seperate product bit.

Sheva

I know it's a separate product. But Vista is supposed to ship with the .NET Framework 3.0 preinstalled... so that would be hard if the Framework hasn't been completed. So even if they are completely separate products (which they are), i'd imagine that the RTM of Vista can't happen until the Framework itself has RTM'ed.

They certainly won't RTM Vista with a RC version of the Framework preinstalled right?

• User profile image
    keeron

They both RTM at the same time. Since WinFX/.NET 3.0 is pre-installed on Vista and is a "vista" technology (it works on xp/2k3 as well), they have a joint built schedule since Beta 2 I think.

Also the Windows SDK (managed + unmanaged) will be released at the same time as Vista RTM  (which is only few days away!)

• User profile image
    RichTurner
  • User profile image
    littleguru

RichTurner wrote:

We had that already here: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=254152

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.