Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Google reader: my new favorite rss reader

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Now for an alpha ... holy crap!

http://reader.google.com

Will there be a Live RSS Reader?

Call it Live Web

You can have your computer sync your feed list every once in a while. Makes sense to me.

• User profile image
    j0217995

What makes it your favorite?  Or are you just following Robert who on every blog posts pimps it?

• User profile image
    Minh

It's free
     It does podcasts
     It allows me to Centralize my feeds
     It's AJAXy
     Lets me put feeds in diff folders

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

Minh wrote:
     It's free
     It does podcasts
     It allows me to Centralize my feeds
     It's AJAXy
     Lets me put feeds in diff folders

not to mention i can read it on any of my devices as opposed to paying for a service like newsgator.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

j0217995 wrote:
    What makes it your favorite?  Or are you just following Robert who on every blog posts pimps it?

there must be a reason he pimps it, don't knock it before you try it.

• User profile image
    Red5

I exported my feeds from the WizzRSS extension in Firefox.
    Imported them into Google Reader with no problems.  Even made my folders to seperate the feeds I had setup in WizzRSS.
    Not sure yet if I like it as much as WizzRSS.
    Both are centralized, but with Wizz, I need firefox.  With google, I can read them on any browser. Very cool.
    Time will tell if it evolves into a worthy reader.

• User profile image
    bbrewder

I just tried it today too. I exported all of my feeds from Thunderbird and imported them into Google Reader. I like many aspects about the interface and I love the fact that I can access my news feeds from any computer, however, I definitely prefer Thunderbird.

I really like the email style navigation in Thunderbird, especially getting the preview from the website without having to launch another window.

Another problem I had with Google Reader was that it didn't update the feeds correctly. I expected them to be updated realtime (at least when I clicked the Refresh button), but they didn't seem to be. I could view many ch 9 posts in Thunderbird that weren't available in Google Reader. I looked for an explanation for this and never found one.

• User profile image
    Angus

Thanks for the link. I have never really been into RSS Feeds, although this might make me at least consider it. I think I was not very pleased at having to install an application to read them properly, and therefore this is great. I also like the "bundles" if RSS Feeds it offers.

Angus Higgins

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.