Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How to quickly add whole domain to Blocked Senders (Outlook'07)?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

I'm looking for quick way to block whole domain in Outlook 2007.

Current way is so boring...
    - Copy senders e-mail (including name!!! in result I have something like "Bloody Spammer [fertgb23423nmjhv2j@post.com]") Now it's just impossible to copy just part of sender's address. Stupid design...

- Go to "Junk" options (3 clicks!)

- Go to "blocked senders" tab

- Click "Add"

- Paste "Bloody Spammer [fertgb23423nmjhv2j@post.com]" to text box

- Clean text to leave "@post.com" only

- Click OK

- Click OK

- Done

- Email still in "Inbox". So I have to manually delete it.

Who was creator of this? Of this "Cool" design?
    Why in context menu I have only "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List"? I want to block whole domain! Or block using some mask.

100% of spammers are using emails like "jhdbegdrscg@post.com", "jsnajgetd546@post.com", "kfmhsbafer523fr@post.com" etc.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

Action menu -> Junk E-Mail -> Add sender to blocked list...

What's so complex about that?

• User profile image
    msk

While Adding a sender to a block List is simple
    You have go though the hassle to add a domain to the blocked list.

Since Spamers don't send from the same address more that once

• User profile image
    littleguru

msk wrote:

True. Add sender to spam list should open a box where you can remove the part before the @ to put the whole domain to the blocked list.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

msk wrote:

That's why user needs option "Add Sender's domain to Blocked Senders List" in context menu! Just 2 clicks (right+left) instead of 8 + text cleanup!

I have A LOT of junks from "@post.com" domain (just as example)! But only one email per message.
    "Add Sender to Blocked Senders List" is almost useless.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Massif

Perhaps it was felt that it made it too easy to doom huge swathes of the internet to being unable to e-mail you.

I can see the situation of someone receiving a spam e-mail ending hotmail.com, or aol.com (and probably spoofing that as well.) and user adding the domain to blocked senders.

End result - user doesn't receive a whole stack of mail they should have, and probably - knowing the tortured logic most people adopt when things don't work as they thought they would - they blame MS. But worse, of course is they may never find out, and miss out on business because of it.

Anyway, given I have absolutely no insight that's just a guess.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

littleguru wrote:

msk wrote:While Adding a sender to a block List is simple

True. Add sender to spam list should open a box where you can remove the part before the @ to put the whole domain to the blocked list.

But! I can't copy only part of address from preview panel. Only whole "address". INCLUDING NAME!

Last modified
  • User profile image
    NeoTOM

I don't know about Outlook 2007, but in Windows Mail in Vista this function is available in the drop-down menu for Junk E-mail.

This is a handy thing to do and I think it should be added to the right-click menu in Outlook 2007 (2003 too Tongue Out)

• User profile image
    micmic

still it doesn't allow to add multiple junk mails to blocked sender's list. i'm receiving 200 per day.

microsoft has never failed to surprise us how wonderful user experience their genius engineering is capable of bringing.

• User profile image
    golnazal

opening thread.

• User profile image
    JuanZamudio

@golnazal:testing new admin super powers?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

@JuanZamudio: Or just showing off? Tongue Out

Herbie

• User profile image
    alphaone

Hello, i have a question regarding the block sender in outlook.  Can we add you add wild card like @*.info to block sender list?  I mean if you have a bunch of spam email like 

@calulinoisfam.info
    @capillitium.cysto.info
    @cargoatcake.info
    @chalook.info

blocking everything from .info is much better no?

• User profile image
    kettch

@alphaone: No, .info is a legitimate TLD. Just because the only people who know that they are available right now are spammers and domain squatters doesn't mean that real people won't be buying them eventually. That's like blocking .com because most spam comes from there.

EDIT: Also, I blame Golnaz for opening the floodgates. Tongue Out

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.