Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

When MVPs do more harm than good - XBOX 360 Forums

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

So reading digg, turns out some guy seen another person "pleasuring themselves" via the XBOX Camera...a forum poster "Wiseguy" decided to take things into his hands.

"Please, if you see something unreasonable, file a conplaint on Live and if you feel compelled and have seen something really heinous, write an email or call Xbox support. Unfortunately, some people are going to abuse this new service and if we do our part to be resposible gamers we can prevent some of these people from ruining others experience. Sorry you had to see that, but know that you're not alone and your concerns will be addressed.

Xbox MVP

TeamXbox represent.

This post is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, indefinately."

THEN after someone says basically "That's nice what's Microsoft gonna do about it?" he follows the reply to that with...

"By the way, this post is just my opinion, I DO NOT represent Microsoft."

I believe that someone from Microsoft needs to comment on that thread or at least admit that Microsoft doesn't have measures in place to protect against that as you trust users...or something. We've had Major Nelson (Larry Byrd) on C9 before...shoot him an email or IM or something...

Otherwise I think this "Wiseguy" needs to back off this thread.

• User profile image
    Minh

Don't they have a setting where you only see/broadcast your webcam to your friend list?

ps. Not a 360 owner yet.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Minh wrote:
    Don't they have a setting where you only see/broadcast your webcam to your friend list?

ps. Not a 360 owner yet.

Neither am I but there needs to be some type of reporting for this...

• User profile image
    Minh

Cybermagellan wrote:

Neither am I but there needs to be some type of reporting for this...
    I remember hearing that MS has 2 official channels players can talk back to MS

1) Feedback - rating the other player - building profiles - so game match making can be better

2) Complaint - tell MS about PeeWee there. From what I understood, it'll take very few complaints for MS to start investigating.

So, technically, "Wiseguy" is kinda right.

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

How is this an MVP issue?

• User profile image
    jb43081

NeoTOM wrote:

I still can't believe there is an "MVP" for XBox.

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

jb43081 wrote:
    I still can't believe there is an "MVP" for XBox.

Why not? The MVP program is for giving kudos to people who help out the community around the particular area. C# MVPs are people who help the C# community, XBox MVPs are people who help out the XBox community. There's also Word MVPs - it's not just for development, you know.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

NeoTOM wrote:

It's not, Cyber just hates MVP's.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.