Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

When was your last time you visited a boutique (clothing)?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    z33driver

Yeah, the shoes I bought are actually black, with small carbon fiber pieces around the heel, they are actually kind of cool and the only pair of shoes I have that I can comfortably drive my car with.  All my other shoes I either have to keep my foot at a weird angle or take my shoes off in the car.

But I'm cheap, I won't pay full price for the designer stuff, I hate shopping but I will walk around to all the different stores to find the same thing on sale somewhere else.

• User profile image
    z33driver

These are the shoes I got, Trionfo Low. They are like the Speed Cats but not fireproof.'

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

Banana Republic is by far my favorite shop.  Simple and Stylish.

A year or two ago I got a nice jacket for Christmas.  I somehow lost it.  Last week I went in and bought another.

http://www.bananarepublic.com/Asset_Archive/BRWeb/Assets/Product/411/411646/big/br411646-00vliv01.jpg

Unfortunately, talking with Charles yesterday I found out, we now both own the same jacket.  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

what annoys the hell out of me is people think i'm trendy because i only wear puma's

as if i just started wearing puma's NOW

they are simply the most comfortable shoes ever, i've been buying myself a new pair of puma californias every year for about 6 years. i'm just now ready to start experimenting with the other puma models. looking into the romas or the speed cats.

• User profile image
    Devils​Rejection

z33driver wrote:
    These are the shoes I got, Trionfo Low. They are like the Speed Cats but not fireproof.'

wtf, italian logo on a german shoe? i'm sorry i can't do that to the fatherland

• User profile image
    Chadk

HumanCompiler wrote:

A year or two ago I got a nice jacket for Christmas.  I somehow lost it.  Last week I went in and bought another.

http://www.bananarepublic.com/Asset_Archive/BRWeb/Assets/Product/411/411646/big/br411646-00vliv01.jpg

Thats a nice jacket! Big Smile

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

HumanCompiler wrote:
    Banana Republic is by far my favorite shop.  Simple and Stylish.

Unfortunately, talking with Charles yesterday I found out, we now both own the same jacket. 

Hey, at least we now know what happened to your old jacket Smiley

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I'm wearing last week's newspaper. Which I stole from the neighbours.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

LarryOsterman wrote:

HumanCompiler wrote: Banana Republic is by far my favorite shop.  Simple and Stylish.

Unfortunately, talking with Charles yesterday I found out, we now both own the same jacket. 

Hey, at least we now know what happened to your old jacket

Ha, I WISH I knew what happened to it.  Charles wears a large and I wear a medium.

• User profile image
    littleguru

z33driver wrote:

They are beautiful. I haven't seen them in black (only in red).

• User profile image
    littleguru

DevilsRejection wrote:

z33driver wrote: These are the shoes I got, Trionfo Low. They are like the Speed Cats but not fireproof.'

Assembled in China. Hell, what's going on with Germany Tongue Out

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm not buying a brand because of the name. I was in a boutique a few days ago (last week or so) where they had a lot D&G and such stuff. I didn't buy one, because all were weird and not winter like (I mean I can't have something with big holes - as a pullover - in winter).

I'm buying stuff if it's comfortable. I like puma shoes, because they are comfortable and easy. No clumpsy something. I like diesel, because those are the only jeans (well CK is also similar) that are wearable. I tried so many different brands (even H&M jeans) and I looked like in a potatoe bag...

Cothing is fun and buying clothes is even more fun. It's like hunting... I like it.

• User profile image
    erik_

http://www.santonishoes.com the shoes they got there rock. Just sad the price doesn't fit my current student budget Sad

• User profile image
    littleguru

erik_ wrote:
    http://www.santonishoes.com the shoes they got there rock. Just sad the price doesn't fit my current student budget

Clothing never fits into my student budget too... But when it's required, it's required Tongue Out

• User profile image
    PaoloM

DevilsRejection wrote:

z33driver wrote: These are the shoes I got, Trionfo Low. They are like the Speed Cats but not fireproof.'

One more race and finally we'll get rid of a german driver on an italian car.

*Then* I'll be able to root for Ferrari again.

(no offense to the germans here, I simply can't stand Schumacher, the man)

• User profile image
    dahat

... never.

I suppose it is lucky for me that given I have no sense of style, any remote temptation to look at or find something new from such place is quickly squashed given that such boutiques cannot fit (think big AND tall), so instead I stick with what fits and what isn’t all that expensive.

Although in some respects I am sad to say that may not always be the case as I’m currently 70lbs down since May... I may be able to seriously look at and fit in to such things one day (*shudder*). In the meantime though I do need to get into a store and buy some new pants as I’m getting sick of drilling holes in my belts.

I will admit that there is one specialty clothing item I wear... it’s rare I’ll wear anything but Red Wing Boots due to just how comfy they are, especially my favorite, the 875:

• User profile image
    jamie

personally i like the thrill of the find - especially if used

*way back when - being cool meant the Clash = used clothes

I cared alot more about clothes as a musician than as a designer - but i still like stuff that's not off the shelf - and definately NO LOGOS - plain! Smiley

• User profile image
    borosen

jamie wrote:
    personally i like the thrill of the find - especially if used

*way back when - being cool meant the Clash = used clothes

I cared alot more about clothes as a musician than as a designer - but i still like stuff that's not off the shelf - and definately NO LOGOS - plain!

Aahha, you sort of get fed up by logos during your daily work   Wink

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.