Coffeehouse Thread

43 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

When was your last time you visited a boutique (clothing)?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Boutique? Never.  I've yet to meet anybody who cares what tag I have on my clothes or what brand I have on my shoes. Wink

Each to their own though ... I'm not trying to be critical though, it just doesn't float my boat.

• User profile image
    borosen

Not for years.

I use clothes to keep my self warm and sufficient respectable.

I guess it shows my lack of sence for esthetic...

• User profile image
    Charles

Rory,

You need to go to David Lawrence, which is located downtown Seattle. This is where I bought my Versace suit (every man needs a good suit, right?) at a reasonable price. They have really nice stuff, but you'll want to wait until your next bonus for much of it (they do have some great deals, however. But a "sale" price for Prada or Versace is typically sometimes, well, high...)

We also have a Barney's downtown if you're in to the really overpriced stuff...

C

• User profile image
    WillemM

Xaero_Vincent wrote:

My mum thinks they are kinda cool and very durable Smiley. But I doubt how comfortable they are.

• User profile image
    Rory

Rossj wrote:
    Boutique? Never.  I've yet to meet anybody who cares what tag I have on my clothes or what brand I have on my shoes.

Each to their own though ... I'm not trying to be critical though, it just doesn't float my boat.

It's just another hobby/interest.

It's not about caring what other people are wearing - I genuinely love clothing (as do some other people here, obviously). That is, in part, what the bits about avoiding the huge logos was all about. It's just tacky.

Anyway, you say that you have yet to meet anybody who cares what tag you have on your clothes - but, you meet plenty of people around here who care what brand your OS is, or what brand your software is, and I'd say that these people are about twelve bajillion times more judgmental about that subject than us clothing nerds are about what we're wearing.

I certainly don't judge anyone for wearing stuff from [insert department store here]. This is my interest. It's fun to meet others who have this interest as well, but I never expect other people to share it, and I don't snub them if they don't.

Just so you know where I'm (we're?) coming from Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

Rossj wrote:
    Boutique? Never.  I've yet to meet anybody who cares what tag I have on my clothes or what brand I have on my shoes.

It doesn't float my boot too, but it's part of my life! Smiley

• User profile image
    Rory

Charles wrote:

Rory,

You need to go to David Lawrence, which is located downtown Seattle. This is where I bought my Versace suit (every man needs a good suit, right?) at a reasonable price. They have really nice stuff, but you'll want to wait until your next bonus for much of it (they do have some great deals, however. But a "sale" price for Prada or Versace is typically sometimes, well, high...)

We also have a Barney's downtown if you're in to the really overpriced stuff...

C

The problem is that you Seattle people (I guess it's actually "Us" Seattle people now) don't have a Saks.

I feel like Saks is necessary in any town where there's a Mario's. They keep each other in check.

Now I just don't know what I'm going to do...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.