Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

XNA Express: What are the next steps?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

After reading an article to XNA (and XNA Express) I'm wondering when we are getting a version that runs on Vista. Is it also possible to install XNA Studio Express with a Visual Studio Pro (or Team Suite) installed?

Thanks for your answers and insides Smiley

• User profile image
    Chadk

XNA Express is a seperate product, based on C# Express. So it will run side by side.

Now we just need VB support Mad

• User profile image
    littleguru

I have heard that the current (beta) version has only a few samples and isn't well documented. Is that right? Have you tried it on Vista?

• User profile image
    tomkirbygre​en

It just doesn't currently work on Vista, even Vista RC2. I'm guessing the various product teams inside Microsoft have only recently been enjoying having a finalized Vista API set and now the can actually start ensuring their various products work correctly.

If it where a choice between getting XNA running under Vista or liberating the latest Orcas release from its Virtual PC - XP prison then I'd choose the later. Kind of hard to debug native Vista APIs with Orcas at the moment...

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Chadk wrote:
    Now we just need VB support
    no need [6]

• User profile image
    WBurggraaf

Ion Todirel wrote:

Chadk wrote: Now we just need VB support
    no need

O yea we realy do, would be cool to bild a real dynamic random object distributed game system. Thats something what C#  onyl can dream off Smiley. Or you have to like reflection allot.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

littleguru wrote:
    After reading an article to XNA (and XNA Express) I'm wondering when we are getting a version that runs on Vista. Is it also possible to install XNA Studio Express with a Visual Studio Pro (or Team Suite) installed?

Thanks for your answers and insides

Since MSDEVENV is just a standard IDE with pluggable modules, you can probably hack a way to get XNA working with Professional.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.