Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

XNA Express: What are the next steps?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

After reading an article to XNA (and XNA Express) I'm wondering when we are getting a version that runs on Vista. Is it also possible to install XNA Studio Express with a Visual Studio Pro (or Team Suite) installed?

Thanks for your answers and insides Smiley

• User profile image
    Chadk

XNA Express is a seperate product, based on C# Express. So it will run side by side.

Now we just need VB support Mad

• User profile image
    littleguru

I have heard that the current (beta) version has only a few samples and isn't well documented. Is that right? Have you tried it on Vista?

• User profile image
    tomkirbygre​en

It just doesn't currently work on Vista, even Vista RC2. I'm guessing the various product teams inside Microsoft have only recently been enjoying having a finalized Vista API set and now the can actually start ensuring their various products work correctly.

If it where a choice between getting XNA running under Vista or liberating the latest Orcas release from its Virtual PC - XP prison then I'd choose the later. Kind of hard to debug native Vista APIs with Orcas at the moment...

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Chadk wrote:
    Now we just need VB support
    no need [6]

• User profile image
    WBurggraaf

Ion Todirel wrote:

Chadk wrote: Now we just need VB support
    no need

O yea we realy do, would be cool to bild a real dynamic random object distributed game system. Thats something what C#  onyl can dream off Smiley. Or you have to like reflection allot.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

littleguru wrote:
    After reading an article to XNA (and XNA Express) I'm wondering when we are getting a version that runs on Vista. Is it also possible to install XNA Studio Express with a Visual Studio Pro (or Team Suite) installed?

Thanks for your answers and insides

Since MSDEVENV is just a standard IDE with pluggable modules, you can probably hack a way to get XNA working with Professional.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.