Coffeehouse Thread

35 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is it vain?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I also have a little photo of myself on my blog, although it's not as big and pretty as littleguru's Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Rory wrote:
    If I want to like me, then I ought to be allowed to like me.

You will go blind you know.

• User profile image
    bitdisaster

Ich wußte doch das ich dich von irgendwo kenne. Was war es nur. dotnetpro war das richtige Stichwort auf deiner website. Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback. The current version is not complete at all (that's why I have all the "coming soon..." on the page). I will reduce the size of my picture (kb size)...

It's great to get all this feedback! Great community!

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

There's nothing wrong with putting a picture of yourself on your website... That is until you Photoshop it to change what you're wearing, add an erie glow to yourself, etc etc. Not that I've ever done that for the website I'm building right now...

The like the design though, I myself favor the large heads in the index and smaller ones on subsequent pages.

• User profile image
    littleguru

section31 wrote:
    Ich wußte doch das ich dich von irgendwo kenne. Was war es nur. dotnetpro war das richtige Stichwort auf deiner website.

Hehe. Smiley Und wie haben dir die Artikel gefallen?

• User profile image
    Massif

littleguru wrote:

section31 wrote: Ich wußte doch das ich dich von irgendwo kenne. Was war es nur. dotnetpro war das richtige Stichwort auf deiner website.

Hehe. Und wie haben dir die Artikel gefallen?

Hey! No conversations we can't all partake in. [C]

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Massif wrote:

littleguru wrote:
    section31 wrote: Ich wußte doch das ich dich von irgendwo kenne. Was war es nur. dotnetpro war das richtige Stichwort auf deiner website.

Hey! No conversations we can't all partake in.

Learn German Wink

• User profile image
    Massif

jsampsonPC wrote:

Learn German

Knickers to you! I spent a year of my life being taught german by a man who can only be described as having a decidedly dodgy temper. (Seriously he kicked someone out of class for daring to ask the question "when do we get our results back sir?")

But it's not much fun if we can't all take part now is it? Perplexed

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Massif wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Learn German

Knickers to you! I spent a year of my life being taught german by a man who can only be described as having a decidedly dodgy temper. (Seriously he kicked someone out of class for daring to ask the question "when do we get our results back sir?")

But it's not much fun if we can't all take part now is it?

If you ask me, having a dodgy temper is part of speaking german Smiley Of course I'm influenced by the American movies which makes Germans, Russian, and Italians look like mob gangsters who will chop your feet off and mail them to your grandma if you don't give them 45% of your income. Smiley

• User profile image
    Massif

As an enlightened European (ha!) I can say you're very wrong. The Germans and Italians at least are very friendly and polite.

It's the French you've got to look out for Wink

The only Russian I've ever met was my Maths teacher, and although she was very nice she had standards so high it was unreal.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Massif wrote:
    As an enlightened European (ha!) I can say you're very wrong. The Germans and Italians at least are very friendly and polite.

It's the French you've got to look out for

The only Russian I've ever met was my Maths teacher, and although she was very nice she had standards so high it was unreal.

I spent several years living/working with Brazillians, so I know they're excellent. I spent several years working with Ukrainians, so they're cool. And I dated 2 Russian woman for several months (At different times, of course!), and they were cool Smiley

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Jason Cox wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with putting a picture of yourself on your website... That is until you Photoshop it to change what you're wearing, add an erie glow to yourself, etc etc. Not that I've ever done that for the website I'm building right now...

On the subject of touching up pictures and making them what their not, came across this video the other day http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/ (video embedded on main page) which I though made the point quite well Smiley

Stephen.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

PerfectPhase wrote:
    On the subject of touching up pictures and making them what their not, came across this video the other day http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/ (video embedded on main page) which I though made the point quite well Smiley

Stephen.

Wow...very true. It truly pisses me off to see what 'normal' girls go through just to look like those billboard women. It's sad. I guess men have the same problem, but on a much smaller scale.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

hey littleguru,

what liensberger means?

• User profile image
    littleguru

Massif wrote:

littleguru wrote: 

Hey! No conversations we can't all partake in.

Hey Massif! He said that he now got the missing link between me (being an author for a german .NET magazine) and littleguru. I asked him, if he liked my articles Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

Ion Todirel wrote:
    hey littleguru,

what liensberger means?

It's my last name... Smiley Well, not very italian. Our roots (of the family) are in Austria. It's a long story (has to do with 2 world wars)...

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.