Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Is this an act of an Evil Corporation?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jolson88

Okay, I fully admit that the title is a trolling title (my apologies). However, I'm curious what you all think about this news:

http://fredericiana.com/2006/10/24/from-redmond-with-love/

I find it interesting to see the IE team actually congratulating the FireFox team on their shipping. To me, it seems like great competitive spirit (not only recognizing your competitor's product, but actually congratulating them on improving it).

So, hooray to the IE team for being so supportive.

I wonder though, what do the paranoid people think? (why do I get the feeling that some might feel this is some sort of desperate marketing attempt at _looking like_ we're not really evil, but we actually are).

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler
  • User profile image
    eagle

Do you know the story of the giant e  ?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Smiley

• User profile image
    Minh

Doh!

• User profile image
    jolson88

DUOH! Okay, note to self: check forum threads that are NOT on the first page of results when you're coming back from an extended Channel 9 absence.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Hey, in my opinion, another thread about cake wont hurt anyone... That is unless I dont get some cake.
    Smiley

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Jason Cox wrote:
    Hey, in my opinion, another thread about cake wont hurt anyone... That is unless I dont get some cake.

Cake?

CAKE!

• User profile image
    koorb

eagle wrote:
    Do you know the story of the giant e  ?

There is one?

• User profile image
    LaBomba

PaoloM wrote:

Jason Cox wrote: Hey, in my opinion, another thread about cake wont hurt anyone... That is unless I dont get some cake.

Cake?

CAKE!

What does it say? "France had to surrender to...can't make the last word out.

Edit: me *slaps* forehead, of course the last word is "Someone". LOL! Big Smile

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Jason, cake can be evil too, you know. Like, when it's cursed. Or peed on.

• User profile image
    WBurggraaf

TommyCarlier wrote:
    Jason, cake can be evil too, you know. Like, when it's cursed. Or peed on.

Thanks to you, I will never trust any cake again!!! :O

• User profile image
    Tensor

PaoloM wrote:

Jason Cox wrote: Hey, in my opinion, another thread about cake wont hurt anyone... That is unless I dont get some cake.

Cake?

CAKE!

That, sir, is one mighty fine cake.

I would have tried to get some Zidane reference on there probably.

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Tensor wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Cake?

CAKE!

That, sir, is one mighty fine cake.

I would have tried to get some Zidane reference on there probably.

yeah,  but a headbutt would just ruin the cake Smiley

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

JasonOlson wrote:

I wonder though, what do the paranoid people think? (why do I get the feeling that some might feel this is some sort of desperate marketing attempt at _looking like_ we're not really evil, but we actually are).

Paranoid? Me? Well, they would say that, wouldn't they? Smiley

I would think 'Whay did they put in it? LSD?' and 'Are they trying to lull us in a false sense of security?' or just generally 'They must be up to something!'

Well, if FF goes off into a wierd direction in the next few releases then we know something was in the cake. Expressionless

Herbie

• User profile image
    Massif

Of course, what they DON'T tell you, is they sent a picture along with it of the cake they got themselves. (Which was 40 times as big, and had playboy bunnies jumping out of it.)

I figure it's all a huge effort to poach the best FF programmers. (Look!! We've got cake, you can have some too, but ours is much nicer than that one.)

• User profile image
    littleguru

PaoloM wrote:

I'm jealous!! Completely jealous!!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.