Coffeehouse Thread

27 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Thinking of picking up DS-Lite, Recommended Games?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JasonOlson

littleguru wrote:
    You forgot Zelda... You are going to regret that!

Du'oh! How did I forget that? I guess I know I'm buying one more game next week now Smiley.

Rossj wrote:

JasonOlson wrote: Now I'll have something to keep me company on my trip to Amsterdam and Singapore

Holiday? Or work?

Work. I'm going to give a day of talks on Longhorn Server as part of our Touchdown event.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Well. You should get it Smiley It's fun.

• User profile image
    JasonOlson

On a different note, the new Super Mario Bros. is just incredibly fun. Nintendo certainly knows how to make addicting and fun platform games.

Also, I'm friggen' _ecstatic_ that the DS also plays GBA games. Considering that there are fewer than three _good_ RPGs on the DS Lite, it's nice to know that I can stock up my RPG library with GBA games and simply play them on the DS.

It all makes me wish the 360 was backwards compatible. Now, I can understand the technical limitations that make it the way it is, but it would be nice to be able to play some of my XBox games on the 360 (and most of the ones I want to play, aren't on the backwards compat list yet). As a consumer, I desperately want backwards compatability. It gives me choice, it allows me to have a larger library of games to choose from while the console is still "getting up to speed" with its own dedicated library.

I would say (and used to say) that Microsoft would regret the decision, but considering that they just hit, what, 6 million units?, I don't think they're regretting the decision. Even now, I could honestly care less because I have a bunch of games that I can play on the 360 that I love. Truth be told, I don't even have my original XBox hooked up anymore.

Still, my one fear with the next XBox is that they are going to throw away backwards compatibility (which could definitely be the case if they are developing their own custom CPU for it). Then again, by the time it comes around, perhaps I won't care.

Great! I just hi-jacked my own thread. Darn.

• User profile image
    littleguru

I like that feature too. The second slot is really something that is useful. The only thing that's a little bit sad is that the DS doesn't play Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. I know they are old etc. but the Gameboy Advance played them all and the GBA had only ONE slot. Means they could have build that in too... Well I guess it's not enough people wanting that feature.

Now to play my old games I need to power on the old GBA Smiley

PS: I still have my old Gameboy (the first one) in my room. Should I try to give him new batteries and play Super Mario Land 1?

• User profile image
    Wells

Don't forget the new phantom hourglass zelda game is coming out some time soon.... i hvae it pre-ordered.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Wells wrote:
    Don't forget the new phantom hourglass zelda game is coming out some time soon.... i hvae it pre-ordered.

Isn't it coming in Q1 2007?

• User profile image
    JasonOlson

littleguru wrote:

Wells wrote: Don't forget the new phantom hourglass zelda game is coming out some time soon.... i hvae it pre-ordered.

Isn't it coming in Q1 2007?

Yeah. According to Gamestop's website, it is slated for 3/1/2007 pre-release.

• User profile image
    DSMaster

littleguru said:
    Get New Super Mario Brothers! It's a great game. I have been told that Tetris DS isn't that bad, but I haven't played it yet.

I like the simplicity of DS games. And the possibility to lie back and play them in bed Smiley

TETRIS IS GREAT!!!! YEAHHHH!!!

• User profile image
    Cupiditas

DSMaster said:
    littleguru said:
    *snip*

TETRIS IS GREAT!!!! YEAHHHH!!!

For that contribution, resurrecting the thread was so worth it.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.