Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

So who's playing 2142?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Sabot

If you want to add me to your buddy list, I'm 'MrSabby'.

So what do you guys think of the game ???

My initially thoughts are,

1) I'm p!ssed about the spyware so much I could scream.
    2) Hated the fact that the first patch was out before I even got the game on the second day of it being out.
    3) Not really standing head and shoulder over BF2 for innovation
    4) Not loving the new maps
    5) Nor the new walkers as I can't see the main advantage to them.
    6) not enjoying the new control movement for the tanks
    7) Liking the loading time for maps is so much faster
    8) Really liking that a flying machine is now easy to pilot.
    9) The point of the Titan is ... to give a new style of play ... and thats it. So ..... ?
    10) Loving that you don't have to get 1 million points to get the next rank or the next power up.
    11) Loving the crazy new power-ups! I can be invisible or have a robot drone ... how mad is that????
    12) Like the idea of veterans ... but 40 mingy points and a power-up come on EA, how tight is that ???
    13) Hating the team colours, is red badies or your side or what and are the flags you are after green or brown then ?
    14) I like that you can actually kill someone with one shot with the sniper rifle!

• User profile image
    koorb

Agree

• User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

Me im playing, so far so good, hate the spyware.

Add me if you guys want to play.

R3l3ntl3ss

• User profile image
    figuerres

Vista RC1 x64

the demo starts and then punkbuster nukes my game!

and they do not even let you download the game with Vista.

heck Vista is just say 3 months from general availiblity....

I'd think that would at least say "try it and see if it works"

rather than ONLY XP.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

2142? Nah, I'm getting FSX tomorrow.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Jason Cox wrote:
    2142? Nah, I'm getting FSX tomorrow.

Aggggggh! Not a gun in sight!!!

• User profile image
    Andy H

i refuse to buy bf2142 because of the spyware that and they still havnt fixed bf2 yet , still alot of bugs in that game Expressionless besides i just discovered a gem of a game called silent hunter 3 . Nothing beats commanding a german ww2 u boat , sinking unsuspecting convoys then being chased down by anti sub ships and being pinged, depth charges are the most fun though  Tongue Out  Big Smile

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Glad you guys are having fun, but keep in mind one thing:

every copy you buy is a little signal to the game industry that's perfectly fine and A-OK to include spyware and rootkits in games. After all, consumers do not care and buy the game anyways.

• User profile image
    Rowan

BF2 was a disapointment to me after playing BF1942 and BF:DC, I haven't even seen a screenshot of the new game, that's how much faith I've lost in the BF team.

BF2 is fun and all, but I found the whole overall experience lackluster.

• User profile image
    Sabot

PaoloM wrote:
    Glad you guys are having fun, but keep in mind one thing:

every copy you buy is a little signal to the game industry that's perfectly fine and A-OK to include spyware and rootkits in games. After all, consumers do not care and buy the game anyways.

Yep, I don't like it, but there isn't enough warning and even when you do get it, like BF2142, it's ambigious so it's not clear what your getting.

This is an industry problem and Microsoft isn't excluded from this debate is it?

However, I very much suspect, that whether we like it or not, this trend will continue.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.