Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Start an online business

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ubercoder

I wrote down my ideas on the pros and cons of possible product types that someone can build to start a online business.

Please read it at http://Ubercoder.wordpress.com and provide some feedback on:

1) Which product types did you choose?
    2) Which is more successful?
    3) Which is easier for a beginner micro-ISV to start with?
    4) Which is the most profitable?

Please, post your comments, corrections and ideas. Let’s create a viable resource for new micro-ISV's (including me) to help them on their decision making

Thanks,

Ubercoder

• User profile image
    z33driver

You should check out Project Glidepath, it is an awesome tool that includes a bunch of documentation on this sort of thing.

I'm working on both some web properties and a desktop product that I want to sell through Windows Marketplace for Vista and XP.  Recently I found that someone else has just launched a website similar to one of mine, and at first I was bummed out, but now I think it is a good think because a) their stuff isn't as cool/useful as mine and b) now I can see what works or doesn't for them before I launch my property and gain an advantage by not needing as much money as them to advance in the marketplace.

The most important thing I have found is to JUST DO IT.  Take action.  Don't sit around over analyzing and thinking too much, go with your gut instinct and build something.  Once you have _something_ then you can tweak it etc. but if you have nothing then you are nowhere.  Cool

Edit:  I have to run out right now, but I have thoughts on your blog post that I will put down in bits and bytes later.

• User profile image
    ubercoder

z33driver,

Finding that someone else is doing the same thing like yours is always a good thing.

It means there's a market for it. If you're alone it may mean that there's no market at all.

You right about doing it and stop analyzing and preparing for it.
    I still wait for that big idea to strike.

Looking forward for your thoughts; please post them in my blog, so others can read them.

Thanks,
    Ubercoder

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.