Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

That "9 guy" sure gets around...tours Silicon Valley today...yours are on the way!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • scobleizer

So, I was bored today and hanging out with my son, so we thought "hey, what if we took the 9 guy on a tour of Silicon Valley?"

Well, the tour was quite fun. We went to the opening of the Apple store at Oakridge mall this morning. Then went on a tour. Adobe. Nvidia. The Santa Clara railyard (one of Silicon Valley's first computers sits in the tower there). The HP Garage. Stopped for a treat at University Coffee (I gave one to a little girl playing with some toys there and she got a big smile). Went to Stanford. Then to the Computer History Museum.

While in Palo Alto, the 9 Guy stopped into Keeble and Shuchat, a camera store (I needed a replacement part for the Bogen tripod I use on Channel 9) and there he saw a guy with a Google shirt on.

Turned out it was Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google. He wasn't very nice to us, but oh well, it was his day off and hanging out with a Microsoft guy probably wasn't his ball of wax. I handed him a 9 guy and a business card and told him that if he ever needed anything from Microsoft to give me a call.

We also met Terry Shuchat, the owner of the store. He's a nice guy. Still works the cash register too. That's impressive!

Then onto the Computer History museum. The folks there were much nicer. It's quite an impressive place. I left several for the staff.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is we've mailed all the nine guys to people who've sent us postcards. They should be arriving soon.

Please take him around, take pictures of him in places that are important to you. Send us the photos, or post them on your blogs.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of Silicon Valley.

• scobleizer

The pictures are on my moblog at http://scobleizer.textamerica.com/

• Manip

Is there an e-mail address to send pictures?

Pictures@Channel9.MSDN.com ?

• scobleizer

We'll have to make one. For now, just send them to channel9@microsoft.com.

• Manip

So the CEO of Google has a C9 guy? ha! That is pretty funny .. I wonder if he kept it..

• jamie

well c9 is pretty google friendly...
    if only so ms wakes up

ps - robert - good work on the wishlist - wakeup call to gates you did

• scobleizer

I told him he could poke pins in it. Seriously. I don't think he knew who I was. If he did, he sure seemed uncomfortable talking with a guy who works at Microsoft.

The 9 Guy was screaming as he was carried off. The poor fella! I hope he gets taken care of, though. Wink

I told him that I liked Google a lot and that anytime there was something I could do for him, to give me a call.

• Manip

Maybe he thought you where like some corp. spy sent to buy him out or whatever.. Like an unofficial/official rep from Microsoft sent to give him a message and he wasn't sure what your game was.

Here in the UK we don't normally walk up to strangers and discuss business .. it is just not done ..

• l0ckergn0me

http://chris.pirillo.com/images/silic9valley.wmv

I had some time to kill... and some brain cells.

• eagle

Alvan!!!!

• scobleizer

Chris, that's funny! Patrick, my son, liked it too.

• scobleizer

Manip? Me buy Google? Heh! They don't let me anywhere near the money.

• Manip

From *his point of view .. as you said, he has no clue who you are .. And that is why he might have been a little off with you.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.