Coffeehouse Thread

104 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

who is reading what book?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Raghavendra_​Mudugal

Hey, Smiley

Now I am on "Da Vinci Code". "Digital Fortress" and "Angels & Demons" are in the queue. Tongue Out

And who as read "The Code Book" by Simon Singh on cryptography, cipher and decipher, encryption algorithm.....  I just want to know about it.

Which book you are on now, and what are your collections? [A]

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I think "Angels and Demons" is way better than "The Da Vinci Code". I'm not currently reading a book, but the last book I've read was "Imagining the Tenth Dimension", from Rob Bryanton.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

I'm on book 7 of the Dark Tower by Stephen King at the moment, Started reading it ages ago but put it down for months just picked it up again.

I tend to buy books for the sake of it got some many queued up to read.

Next book is the Ricky Hatton autobiography, then I got a book abotu El Nino to read.

• User profile image
    andokai

Jpod by Douglas Copeland.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

Don't read "Digital Fortress" ! it Stinks! it's the worst book in the world( and i've read a few bad books) , but DF is the worst - you'll want to sue DB to get the time back.

Angels and Demons on the other hand is a good read, only one or two( ok more like 5 or 6) liberties with the tech taken.

Da Vinci Code is ok, too.

Reading now: "The Britghtonomicon" by Robert Rankin

• User profile image
    Massif

Urgh! Dan Brown! I did actually read Angels and Demons, and Da Vinci code while on holidays (nothing else to read... plenty of time to chill.) But would never recommend them to anyone.

Still, I'm just about to finish "The Salmon of Doubt" which is a collection of Douglas Adams' works published, and (previously) unpublished. I would recommend that, although it includes a half-written story which ends on a very tantalising note.

Don't know what I'll be reading next, time to visit the library methinks.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Im reading... Uhm.. The Windows sdk? Perplexed

• User profile image
    prog_dotnet

State of Denial by Bob Woodward

• User profile image
    JonLumb

AdrianJMartin, any suggestions for books (fiction) that really excel (excuse the pun) on the technological accuracies side?

• User profile image
    Massif

JonLumb wrote:
     AdrianJMartin, any suggestions for books (fiction) that really excel (excuse the pun) on the technological accuracies side?

Almost anything by Neal Stephenson, although the book that's popped into my head is Cryptonomicon.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Good to Great, bought The Innocent Man yesterday.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Dan Brown book's aren't actually all that good and I've read all four. If you like that sort of thing stick to Steve Coonts, Clive Cussler or the daddy that is Tom Clancy.

• User profile image
    figuerres

leeappdalecom wrote:

I'm on book 7 of the Dark Tower by Stephen King at the moment, Started reading it ages ago but put it down for months just picked it up again.

Next book is the Ricky Hatton autobiography, then I got a book abotu El Nino to read.

re-reading "the stand" slowly... the "expanded" ed....

read most of kings books... The Tower is kinda cool/freaky how so many storys wind up beeing part of the tower.....

Hile, and Well Met Gunslinger!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

• User profile image
    Massif

Sabot wrote:
    Dan Brown book's aren't actually all that good and I've read all four. If you like that sort of thing stick to Steve Coonts, Clive Cussler or the daddy that is Tom Clancy.

I wholeheartedly agree, but, given that Dan Brown is a useless Monkey - why did you read all four?

That shall be the last bad thing I say about Dan Brown (the useless monkey) as I'm guilty of reading all of J.K. Rowling's works and loving them. (I'm just a big child, so ner nerny ner ner.)

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

figuerres wrote:

leeappdalecom wrote: 

re-reading "the stand" slowly... the "expanded" ed....

read most of kings books... The Tower is kinda cool/freaky how so many storys wind up beeing part of the tower.....

Hile, and Well Met Gunslinger!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights.

Yep I was blown away by the Dark Tower series, King is the man for science fiction and it's really clever without being too weird.  Its also amazing how the story is SO LARGE Ive forgotten stuff that happened in the Gunslinger book 1 and also how he didnt rush to finish it and he started writing the series 30 years ago.

My friend say the ending to Dark Tower was kinda dissapointing so I'm anticipating the worse anyway.

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

I loved the Dark Tower series up until the ending.  It felt like he didn't know how to end it so he just sort of threw something together at the last minute.  It really ticked me off.  I waited how many years for this ending?!?!?

Right now I am reading The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.