Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Windws Live Messenger 8.1 (Beta) released

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

Check it out

I am tring it, there are some new cool things.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

SecretSoftware wrote:
    there are some new cool things.

Like more adverts?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

W3bbo wrote:

SecretSoftware wrote: there are some new cool things.

Like more adverts?

well the adverts are there, but its better in the way that you can save your settings in the server (displayname and picture, and personal status message) so when you go to another pc , and login it goes with you. There are also other things, Its oulined in the link.

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

What features are in 8.1 (beta) that I would need but are not in 8.0?

• User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

It would be great if windows live messenger will  implement other protocols in the future, like YM!. (YM! sucks and gaim lacks lots of features)

• User profile image
    Oguz

It is crashing on Vista RC2 all the time. DEP problems. Annoying problem.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

bart7simpson7 wrote:

It would be great if windows live messenger will  implement other protocols in the future, like YM!. (YM! sucks and gaim lacks lots of features)

Er... WLM has been able to interoperate with Yahoo! Messenger for a while now...

• User profile image
    blowdart

PaoloM wrote:

bart7simpson7 wrote:

Er... WLM has been able to interoperate with Yahoo! Messenger for a while now...

I've never managed to get it to work though.

• User profile image
    harumscarum

It would be nice if you could disconnect from the different protocols (YM! or MSN) like trillian. 

• User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

It works to send messages from wlm to yahoo but I can't log into wlm with an yahoo account... Sad that would be nice

• User profile image
    Messenger​Says

That can be fixed with updating your version of Flash.

Instructions are here at the bottom:
    http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!23982.entry 

Cheers
    Nicole

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

MessengerSays wrote:
    That can be fixed with updating your version of Flash.

Instructions are here at the bottom:
    http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!23982.entry 

Cheers
    Nicole

Can you update us as to what will be added with respect to add-in APIs for 8.1?

• User profile image
    Yggdrasil

bart7simpson7 wrote:
    It works to send messages from wlm to yahoo but I can't log into wlm with an yahoo account... that would be nice

It's not supposed to. It's not a "WLM can connect to the Yahoo network", but "The MSN and Yahoo networks are bridged, so messages can come through".

• User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

So in other words...if I want to use only wlm I must add my 100+ contacts from the YM! account to my wlm account... That is... Expressionless

• User profile image
    Massif

bart7simpson7 wrote:
    So in other words...if I want to use only wlm I must add my 100+ contacts from the YM! account to my wlm account... That is...

... Better than not being able to talk to them at all?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.