Coffeehouse Thread

61 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Beer28 has been invited to Five on Nine

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rory

Hey, all -

Thought I'd let you people know that, after posting about Five on Nine on my blog, Beer28 responded.

He's been hanging out lately, digging into me whenever he can, and I've been giving it back. However, he said in the comments section of my recent post that he'd fly out to be on Fo9.

I know that you all have some pretty bad memories of the guy, but I think that, underneath the ***hole exterior, there's a real human being who's just really frustrated. So, I responded to him and invited him out.

I'm posting this here because I think it's somewhat newsworthy. I, for one, would love to talk to Beer28 in person. People tend to be much more civil when they can't hide behind the anonymity of the net. I want to know what he's really like, you know? Meet the real guy.

He'll also be able to offer that "outside" viewpoint I want on the show. This could be a really good thing.

Anyway, I asked him to email me. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see what he says...

• User profile image
    Angus

I hope he takes up the offer as I am interesting in seeing what he has to say when in person, not in one of his many identities. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I for one would love it if people would stop posting threads about this guy!

• User profile image
    blowdart

Sven Groot wrote:

Snap. I really couldn't give a damn. He came here attention wh0ring, and this is simple encouragement.

• User profile image
    Rory

Sven Groot wrote:

This isn't a typical Beer28 thread, though. This is totally different.

The thought that we might actually get to meet the real guy is...

...Expressionless

It's really something else, yeah?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Rory wrote:

It's really something else, yeah?

Honestly? No. To me it's tiresome. But hey I won't watch, so it doesn't affect me really. Do what you think is fun Smiley

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

This would be very interesing. Very Interesing indeed.

• User profile image
    Rotem Kirshenbaum

Can we have another Jamie interview instead ?

Rotem

• User profile image
    Rory

Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote:

Rotem

If I could do an episode with Jamie, I'd do it in a second - that'd be a lot of fun.

But, I don't see it as an either/or thing.

If Beer28 is willing to fly out and be on the show, I think it would be very worthwhile. I know that a lot of people around here probably wouldn't agree, but I think he deserves a chance to be a human being and talk to people from the company he seems to hate so much.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rory wrote:
    If I could do an episode with Jamie, I'd do it in a second - that'd be a lot of fun.

But, I don't see it as an either/or thing.

If Beer28 is willing to fly out and be on the show, I think it would be very worthwhile. I know that a lot of people around here probably wouldn't agree, but I think he deserves a chance to be a human being and talk to people from the company he seems to hate so much.

I'd certainly watch it Smiley (for the same reason people watch F1 racing not for the cars, but for the flaming crashes)

If you're going to do Jamie, get Bruce Morgan and Scoble in with him

• User profile image
    Chadk

Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote:

Rotem

Whoa. Or get Jamie on the Five On nine show? Big Smile
    Yet i think it would be interresting to have beer on channel9, if he keeps it civil. Yet i REALLLYYYYY Doubt he even dare to go to microsoft land.

Other subjects for the five on nine could be Bill Hill(He use to have some very nice aspects on things, in many cases).

• User profile image
    Rossj

W3bbo wrote:
     and Scoble in with him

Who?

Jamie, Bruce and Dave M would be kinda funny in a 'I am glad I am not in that room' sorta way.

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Why does he even have to fly , why not do it over internet like t hrough skype Big Smile or some live camera feed lol

• User profile image
    jolson88

Chadk wrote:

Rotem Kirshenbaum wrote: 

Rotem

Whoa. Or get Jamie on the Five On nine show?
    Yet i think it would be interresting to have beer on channel9, if he keeps it civil. Yet i REALLLYYYYY Doubt he even dare to go to microsoft land.

Other subjects for the five on nine could be Bill Hill(He use to have some very nice aspects on things, in many cases).

Don't worry. If he gets out of hand, we have sharp-shooters on the roof Tongue Out. J/K OF COURSE

• User profile image
    Chadk

W3bbo wrote:

for the same reason people watch F1 racing not for the cars, but for the flaming crashes

W3bbo speaks the truth! Big Smile

• User profile image
    Chadk

JasonOlson wrote:
    Don't worry. If he gets out of hand, we have sharp-shooters on the roof . J/K OF COURSE

Oh god. You do remember what happend to cybermagellan when he joked about beer28, and sharpshooters, right?

• User profile image
    Minh

I don't need to see the movie. I'd already read the book.

• User profile image
    jolson88

Chadk wrote:

JasonOlson wrote: Don't worry. If he gets out of hand, we have sharp-shooters on the roof . J/K OF COURSE

Oh god. You do remember what happend to cybermagellan when he joked about beer28, and sharpshooters, right?

Uh oh, I don't Sad. Should I change my address?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.