Coffeehouse Thread

49 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Never mind about Beer28 - I clearly made a mistake

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

jamie wrote:
    we could do it in .ogg so no one would ever see it   haha

Don't make fun of me... I play oggs Tongue Out

• User profile image
    footballism

C'mon guys, what exactly DOJ is?

Sheva

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

DOJ = Department of Justice. http://www.usdoj.gov/

• User profile image
    eagle

Beer28 as with many others can’t differentiate between MSDN and a monolithic Microsoft..

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I think its time we banned all of his Channel 9 user names.  Its time for Channel 9 to be rid of Beer28 in all of his forms.  In fact put Beer28 in the prohibited words category.

• User profile image
    koorb

I was looking forward to hearing his views, but whatever. There must be other OSS Hippies out there to ask on the show.

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

All I want to know Rory is... "What did you expect?"

Zeo, thanks for being a representative for Microsoft here, I'm sure Erik, Rory, JKelly, PaoloM, Adam, and Jason Olson couldn't have stated the same...as it really needed explained further than "I cannot say another that would get my employer in hot water" as Rory said.

But hey whatever keeps you showing up and being part of the community....sure.

• User profile image
    Rory

Chadk wrote:
    Right. Beernutz didnt show up, as expected.
    But what about getting more Channel9'ers on, but the Microsoft guys(No offence, they are cool, but we need the real deal)

First subject for 5on9: Jamie

Any niners who can make it out are welcome to come on.

One of the things about Beer28 is that he offered to pay his own way.

This is just a little project on C9, so there isn't any budget for stuff like plane tickets and so on (wich there were).

But... people in the area, or people who are going to be here - they're more than welcome to be on.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Rory wrote:
    Any niners who can make it out are welcome to come on.

I'd love to but I really can't afford the plane tickets. Too bad you can't easily have guests using Skype like you can with an audio-only podcast.

• User profile image
    Rory

Sven Groot wrote:

Rory wrote: Any niners who can make it out are welcome to come on.

I'd love to but I really can't afford the plane tickets. Too bad you can't easily have guests using Skype like you can with an audio-only podcast.

There's actually no reason I couldn't have guests on via Skype.

Not sure I want to worry about the logistics of that yet, but it's possible.

Audio vs. Video has nothing to do with it.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Rory wrote:

Sven Groot wrote: 

Well if you ever do that, I'm willing to participate. Smiley

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rory wrote:

You have a very big screen behind you, why not use it for video conferencing?  

• User profile image
    Rory

Sven Groot wrote:

Rory wrote: 
    Sven Groot wrote: 

Well if you ever do that, I'm willing to participate.

Not so much a question of "if" - it's a "when" thing.

And I'll definitely let the niners know when it'll happen...

• User profile image
    staceyw

Personally, I have a care factor of zero of anything beer thinks or wants to talk about.  He contributed nada here AFAICT and has already got his 15 minutes (why folks keep bringing him up amazes me).

• User profile image
    jBuelna

I've heard my fill of anti-Microsoft rhetoric.    Personally, I would rather not hear any more empty arguments by their "side."   It wastes my time.    If more of them would spend less time trolling Microsoft related forums, winging weak attempts at evangelism, and actually get some work done in their space, maybe they wouldn't feel so much like underdogs. 

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

OH Rory,

You sound like a grade-school girl talking about her exboyfriend who just got caught kissing Katie Wingsler by the swingset. "I'm through with him, he's finished!"

Haha. Just playin' man. I've never had the (dis)honor of speaking to Beer in the past that I know of - hopefully I never do. Don't let him get to you dude, he's just jealous that everybody loves you and not him Wink

Jonathan Sampson
    SR

• User profile image
    Rory

staceyw wrote:
    Personally, I have a care factor of zero of anything beer thinks or wants to talk about.  He contributed nada here AFAICT and has already got his 15 minutes (why folks keep bringing him up amazes me).

Don't worry - I've realized my mistake, and Beer28 will have nothing to do with my show.

Or my site.

Or my email.

Or my life.

I'm done with him. Completely. I've never met anyone like him.

Wish I hadn't, but he imposed himself on me when he started commenting on my blog. Wanted to extend the olive branch, but he's too wrapped up in his idiotic anti-everything-but-himself agenda.

• User profile image
    Code​Monkey666

There're the tinfoil-hats Perplexed in every crowd that see conspiracy behind every action. I hope that you keep up the positive, funny non corporate style that is your own.

I myself have been slapped a few times for not drinking the corporate Kool-aid so keep up the good work and don’t get jaded. We need guys like you to build a great community.

Now if you could get Mark Miller to be your co-host on 5-on-9 then I would know you had some major kahuaunas(sp?) Expressionless .

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.