• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

I have to say that as soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought:

'No sh*t, Sherlock'

Tongue Out

Herbie

• User profile image
    DarthVista

Yet again, the Linux zealots attempt to railroad the discussions here, on people's blogs...ANYWHERE.

This example clearly shows what we are up against.  Yet, as the recent pact with Novell shows, we are winning, and this battle must be relentless. The pillars of open source are crumbling, even though their leaders spout nonsense telling you otherwise.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Rory, mate, you are playing catch up.

Beer28 made several noteworthy contributions, but he invalidated them and his reputation by being a jerk.

So 9'ers, why are we still wasting our time with this Beer28 guy?

Lets just call time on this sorry episode, talk about 'flogging' and 'dead-horse'.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

If Chris A. would actually show up, then interview him but not on the phone.

He's all bluff, and not to be feared or avoided. He's mentally ill, imho.

• User profile image
    Matthew van Eerde

I don't think you made a mistake.  He's been a valuable contributer in the past; you gave him another chance; and he apparently blew it.  C'est la vie.

while (true) {
        listen();
    }

• User profile image
    fdisk

Actually, after reading Beer's assertions over on Rory's blog, one really does have to wonder if the ISO standardizing of CLI was meant to be lawsuit-bait. I also think those who maintain the Linux kernel should hire a patent lawyer or somebody to make sure they are not violating patents in the code. It can't be that hard to do.

Then, once all the patent issues are cleared up and the code is fixed (assuming there are patent violations to begin with), counteract the nonstop FUD machine with better marketing.

• User profile image
    fdisk

Matthew van Eerde wrote:
    I don't think you made a mistake.  He's been a valuable contributer in the past; you gave him another chance; and he apparently blew it.  C'est la vie.

while (true) {
        listen();
    }
    Yeah, but he is not the only one who is getting really, really tired of the same old routine coming out of this company. New look, same old tactics. It looks desperate now, though.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Matthew van Eerde wrote:

while (true) {
        listen();
    }

... but how many chances do you give a guy?

The guy is banned, because he crossed the line, his actions where not acceptable behaviour.

When he's done enough time to fit his punishment and fully understands why he was banned and is truly repentant then let him back, until then don't keep proding him, it's not fare on him ... or us.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Sabot wrote:

When he's done enough time to fit his punishment and fully understands why he was banned and is truly repentant then let him back

Are we still talking about Beer?

• User profile image
    Rory

fdisk wrote:
    Actually, after reading Beer's assertions over on Rory's blog, one really does have to wonder if the ISO standardizing of CLI was meant to be lawsuit-bait.

It's just paranoid thinking caused by not knowing the difference between the CL*I* and the CL*R*.

If someone can't be bothered to actually read up on the standard, then that someone is just asking for trouble by assuming they're the same thing.

They're not, and that's where people get confused. It's nobody's fault except that of the people who don't take even the smallest amount of time to read about the CLI vs. the CLR.

• User profile image
    Matthew van Eerde

Rory wrote:
    read about the CLI vs. the CLR.

Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Language_Infrastructure
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Language_Runtime

10-second version; CLI is like "C++98".  CLR is like "Microsoft Visual C++".  CLI is the standard; CLR is the Microsoft implementation.

• User profile image
    irascian

JohnAskew wrote:
    He's mentally ill, imho.

Ooh now you've done it!

You'll be getting one of those "I've contacted my attorney because you've libelled me" emails like I got on Saturday.

Enjoy! Wink

• User profile image
    irascian

Sabot wrote:

When he's done enough time to fit his punishment and fully understands why he was banned and is truly repentant then let him back, until then don't keep proding him, it's not fare on him ... or us.

The only one doing the prodding (stop making your own jokes up at the back there) is him. 

See Rory's initial  thread where I posted a hilarious (threatening) email he sent me because I said I thought he was "borderline psychotic".

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.