Coffeehouse Thread

171 posts

Channel9 v4 Previews

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    AdamKinney

Generic Forum Image

Thank you all for your patience, may I now present with a few previews of where Ch9 is headed for the future.  Look carefully at each picture as not everything is fully explained and left to your powers of observation and debate.

First, I present Flat vs. Threaded.  Where did we end up?  Ooh the intrigue...

And plus, for your viewing pleasure, a glimpse out a conceptual piece of work representing the new HomePage.  And, oh, what is this?  Some sort of grand Über Tag page?  Very Interesting...

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Hey kinney, nice work Smiley

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Heh, I'm online Wink

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

You've struck me with awe. The visual style is even better than what we have now. The threaded/flat view is great: it's threaded while looking flat. I think a lot of flat-fans will be happy. The reply-popup (instead of opening a new page) is so useful: sometimes when replying, I need to go back to view some posts I was replying to. This is more than just screenshots, it's a cool presentation.

• User profile image
    LaBomba

TommyCarlier wrote:
    The reply-popup (instead of opening a new page) is so useful: sometimes when replying, I need to go back to view some posts I was replying to.

++

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Very slick.  I'm impressed.  I think you may have nailed flat view--  provided people actually use the threading correctly...

The pixel art on the main page looks pretty slick, too.  Taking Channel9 back to its roots.  No "Web 2.0 We have a fancy undersaturated gradient so we must be good" here!

Thanks for the update!

• User profile image
    AthemeX

I love it Big Smile, great work C9 Team!

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    UlsterFry

Brilliant ideas, can't wait!

• User profile image
    NetRyder

Love the frontpage changes and the reply popup.
    Great job, guys! Can't wait for this to go live. =)

• User profile image
    Cyonix

I love the layout, not sure about the header image (i think it will grow on me).

i dont like the player, It looks very standard. I want something like on10's player but with some c9 feel.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

I'm not sure on the header either. Why don't we change it every now and then, like google do with their logo.. Maybe Jamie can design some....

Like the new forums thou...

• User profile image
    blowdart

yman wrote:
    Excellent work Adam

I will miss the html view in the editor though.

Especially when you end up having to go into it to strip cut and pasted formatting if you paste in from another web page.

As an aside; how about automatically removing the cruft that pasting in from word gives?

• User profile image
    Rossj

AdamKinney wrote:
    Thank you all for your patience, may I now present with a few previews of where Ch9 is headed for the future.  Look carefully at each picture as not everything is fully explained and left to your powers of observation and debate.

First, I present Flat vs. Threaded.  Where did we end up?  Ooh the intrigue...

Okay - you guys nailed it. Everything simple, easy and in one place. Impressed - and with Ignore as well!!

Now if it just worked in Safari (kidding)

• User profile image
    Tensor

Rossj wrote:

Now if it just worked in Safari (kidding)

And ie on windows mobile 5 (not kidding)

Other than that - looks good. Loving the sim c9 feel Smiley

• User profile image
    ZippyV

• User profile image
    littleguru

Wow! Awesome work. Now I can't wait for the final release Tongue Out Great work Adam and all other!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.