Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Why I hate Myspace

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    mcampbell

This is why I hate Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/soybuddha

*Warning if you are one to have seizures or very faint of heart do not click on this link

Just thank God there wasn't an auto start song Smiley

Have any other sites like this?

• User profile image
    jamie

LOL  - it's Aurora!

• User profile image
    nightski

Wow that hurts the eyes alright.

• User profile image
    koorb

Brings back memories of personal sites when W3 started. Still at least he hasn't used frames.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

soybuddha wrote:

exactly.

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase
  • User profile image
    Rowan

View > Page Style > No Style

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

PerfectPhase wrote:

Which sort of explains it, because unlike the early Geocities pages, the ugliness looks there as if it were done intentionally, like some avant-garde project.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

myspace proves two things:  people have awful instincts for design, and people don't really care as long as it works and it's free.

• User profile image
    Bellerephon

JChung2006 wrote:
    people don't really care as long as it works and it's free.

Umm, who said anything about it working?
    *listens to the crickets*

• User profile image
    Angus

That is awful, but very true. I don't understand why people insist on having those stupid things which follow the cursor, or having the cursor as a crosshair style pointer. I also hate the links which change size or font when moused over.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    StickyC

Here's a quick fix for that:

1. Install Firefox (http://mozilla.com)
    2. Install the Firefox add-in Greasemonkey (http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/)
    3. Install the MySpace Custom Style Remover Greasemonkey script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/997)

All your problems are solved! (except the part where you're surfing MySpace Wink )

• User profile image
    dante/vergil

how come people keep saying your site is so f@$^%$king awesome do you realize the damage you do to people everyday by just letting this site exist how many hearts broken how many lives destroyed how many children exploited DO YOU, DO YOU have any clue at all why in the world did e-mail become so obselite that you need layouts and backgrounds to communicate with friends and why does you conversations have to be on the friggin page and ages can be lied about so 12 and 13 year old little kids get on here and some pervert stalks them whats the point of blogging stupid beligerent crap to milllions of people telling them that people need to stop talking sh!* what is the purpose tom tell me that what is the friggin purpose you might say it's freedom of speech to go about this it's our unalienable rights, and since when have those rights included deliberately F^@*ng up someones day ...i want a answer just one friggin answer tom. why?

honestly does this guy realize how stupid myspace is people get so absorbed into it that they think they are myspace i mean those people must be weak in the mind as it is but come on it's still screwed up and plus they talk about it like it's more than just a website... like it's real life oh god it's D&D all over again RUNNNN!!!!!! run for your lives the evil myspace is coming runnn mutha F$%#KER RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

,,...,.,,,./,,,,,..??????..!!!!

I thought you might need these...

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

MY EYES!!!

THEY BURRRRRRN!!!

MSN is terrible also. I've had SO MANY unreadable messages..

I don't get why people have an emote for EVERY FREAKIN' LETTER. It's stupid.

I'm proud to say I can type the whole alphabet in every direction and every case, with 0 emotes. Same for numbers up to 55 Tongue Out

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    codan

dante/vergil wrote:

how come people keep saying your site is so f@$^%$king awesome do you realize the damage you do to people everyday by just letting this site exist how many hearts broken how many lives destroyed how many children exploited DO YOU, DO YOU have any clue at all why in the world did e-mail become so obselite that you need layouts and backgrounds to communicate with friends and why does you conversations have to be on the friggin page and ages can be lied about so 12 and 13 year old little kids get on here and some pervert stalks them whats the point of blogging stupid beligerent crap to milllions of people telling them that people need to stop talking sh!* what is the purpose tom tell me that what is the friggin purpose you might say it's freedom of speech to go about this it's our unalienable rights, and since when have those rights included deliberately F^@*ng up someones day ...i want a answer just one friggin answer tom. why?

honestly does this guy realize how stupid myspace is people get so absorbed into it that they think they are myspace i mean those people must be weak in the mind as it is but come on it's still screwed up and plus they talk about it like it's more than just a website... like it's real life oh god it's D&D all over again RUNNNN!!!!!! run for your lives the evil myspace is coming runnn mutha F$%#KER RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

• User profile image
    MyLifeinCode

@mcampbell: I guess I missed it. Sad It looks like an ordary and boring page to me. Maybe they changed it recently?

• User profile image
    Clint

@MyLifeinCode: chances are since the thread was started in 2006

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.