Coffeehouse Thread

25 posts

Vista RTM

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    amd_duron

VL site has a new special download center, that is so slow it is down. I think that means it is like MSDN all the servers trying to sync or being swamped by those people with VL accounts!  
    Eopen just gave me the link for it, before it also slowed to a crawl Smiley

It is listed as:
    Windows Vista - KMS

Big Smile

VA 2.0/KMS - Volume Activation 2.0/Key Management Service: this key will be used to enable a new service in your environment that will automatically activate Windows Vista computers. You must have a minimum of 25 Windows Vista computers connected together to use the KMS, and all computers will be required to check back to the central service twice per year to stay activated.

• User profile image
    Refrax

do you know if the volume license key will only work on the business version? or do we get a choice when we have the disk with the other versions?

• User profile image
    Refrax

i see Vista Enterprise is now on the volume licensing download page. i don't remember seeing what "Enterprise" has for it's options

• User profile image
    FluffyDevil​Bunny

It's the Utlimate version for Corporations. It's only available through VLM.

• User profile image
    Refrax

FluffyDevilBunny wrote:
    It's the Utlimate version for Corporations. It's only available through VLM.

ah, thank you for that info.

• User profile image
    amd_duron

are you able to download it yet? For me the page is super slow and only showing Office 2007 VL Media.

It is odd too, it seems ot be MS Download Center style, instead of resumable MSDN style I would expect.  

Anyone here have opinion on the new Volume License Downloads site?

• User profile image
    Refrax

amd_duron wrote:
    are you able to download it yet? For me the page is super slow and only showing Office 2007 VL Media.

It is odd too, it seems ot be MS Download Center style, instead of resumable MSDN style I would expect.  

Anyone here have opinion on the new Volume License Downloads site?

yes, but it is quite slow, getting about 80KB/s

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.