Coffeehouse Thread

46 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Song from Commercial to Gears of War

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    j0217995

Silly question, but what is the song that includes the reference "No Tomrrow" to the Gears of War commericial I keep seeing.  Sounds great  to me, would love to listen to the whole song.

• User profile image
    BryanF

That's "Mad World" by Michael Andrews from the Donnie Darko soundtrack. Smiley

• User profile image
    j0217995

Thanks, I do enjoy the commericials behind the songs Smiley

• User profile image
    Antitorgo

You might want to watch Donnie Darko while you are at it. Is a pretty good movie.

• User profile image
    JKelley

And just for the music purists out there, it's a cover of a Tears for Fears song, slowed waaaaaaay down.  But it's a very good cover.  Smiley

• User profile image
    nightski

Yeah cool song Smiley

• User profile image
    Sabot

"Put you hands up! ... Put Your Hands Up 4 Detroit!"

Now your be humming that tune all day [6]

• User profile image
    harumscarum

I thought it was REM.Perplexed

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

harumscarum wrote:
    I thought it was REM.

Nope, Tears For Fears. 

Kind of a fem band, but their music was excellent!

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

It s not a bad choice for a song. I guess I was just expecting more fo that kind of game.  Oh by the way, I think the version used in the "Gears" theme is actually the Gary Jules cover and not Micheal Andrews.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Thanks for bringing this up.  I couldn't get the song out of my head, so I went and bought the album this morning.

So if the Ch9 beta has freaky bunnies hidden in it, its your fault. :O

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Bah.  You should at least hear the original, once Smiley

• User profile image
    Sampy

You can't buy that song individually from Urge unlike every other track on the freakin' album.

LAME!

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

By original, do you mean the Tears for Fears version?  I remember that one, my even have it on audio casette.  I liked this one though, matches the Seattle winter rain outside.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

I have heard the original version

ScanIAm wrote:
    Bah.  You should at least hear the original, once

• User profile image
    jason818_25​3.33

Its a nice change from all the "heavy mettal/Rock" and "movie soundtrack sounding" music I hear so much of when I see an add for a game. props to the person who thought of placing that song in the add.  its a great contrast to the imagry, the music really draws me in.

Ive also played the game and think it looks beautifull.

• User profile image
    JKelley

Sampy wrote:
    You can't buy that song individually from Urge unlike every other track on the freakin' album.

LAME!

Shameless marketing plug, I just got it with my Zune pass in the Zune marketplace.  Wink  Both original and alternate versions.  I don't know which is in the commercial.

Just so I don't post something TOTALLY positive about it though, when I plugged my Zune headphones into my laptop to check and make sure I downloaded the right song it KILLED my wireless mouse reception.  Sometimes having an antenna nearby sucks.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.