Coffeehouse Thread

10 posts

Bloggers ....

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

• User profile image
    littleguru

Doesn't blogger come from blog and that come from weblog, which has something to do with the internet... How can that be invented in the middle ages? Tongue Out

It seems to me that blogging has become something very natural. It's nothing special anymore. What counts is the the content. If a blog doesn't offer that, how long is it going to "survive"? Is the end of famous bloggers without real content coming?

I'm asking myself those questions over and over again lately...

• User profile image
    ubercoder

I believe the problem with blogging is that some bloggers are professionals. They do this for a living.

Blogging is all about freedom of speech(writing?) and democracy.
    How much of that a hired blogger can have.

Nowadays, people are hired to blog about products, services, companies, etc.
    I believe the fact that someone must be productive affects his ability to be honest and democratic.

Is another example where a natural product of the Internet is commercialized.

• User profile image
    jb43081

Lol!

I just posted this to my blog! Big Smile

• User profile image
    Massif

I posted it to my Blog days ago! (Then again, I say Blog, it's more of a list of stupid links.)

Sigh... Well, at least my haircut is better than that.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

LOL

Good!

• User profile image
    Ping

This remind me a weird myspace someone post few days ago http://www.myspace.com/soybuddha

anyway, there's a interesting website where you can choose your backgroundhttp://www.mygirlyspace.com/  at least I use the background for my blog.

• User profile image
    JasonOlson

Let me just say that similar to Rory, I'm a bit disenfranchised with the whole "professional blogger." I don't subscribe to Scoble anymore, I don't subscribe to any of the other "A-List" bloggers either. The only "tech blogger" I still subscribe to is Scott Hanselman, and only then because I want to keep a track on some of the cool tools he tends to always come across.

I read blogs to get to know the person _behind_ the blog. I want to see emotions and personal opinions. I'm tired of this whole "look at me, look at what I do, look at how cool I am."

The best way I've heard a nerd described is by Douglas Adams on an interview on Triumph of the Nerds. He says ".. a computer nerd, is someone who uses the computer in order to use a computer" or something to that effect. So, I'm not interested in blogging nerds, I don't care about people that are blogging just to blog (I know I've gone through my own phases where I've done just this).

The blogs I enjoy the most are blogs like Rory's where you get to know the person behind the blog. I hate to say this (and I'm sure I'll sorely regret it): but a lot of bloggers have turned into blogging prima donnas.

There, I said it.

• User profile image
    littleguru

JasonOlson wrote:
    The blogs I enjoy the most are blogs like Rory's where you get to know the person behind the blog. I hate to say this (and I'm sure I'll sorely regret it): but a lot of bloggers have turned into blogging prima donnas.

I can agree with this. On the other hand it's always hard for a "nerd" to have a blog that's interesting for years. It's in most cases a one man show... It's hard to provide cool, fresh and new content for years. Keeps you quite busy and takes a lot energy to do it.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.