Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

WCF Shipped?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Gravy

Hi,

I think I might have missed something. According to the C9 vid recently WCF has just shipped. Does that mean RTM'ed and downloadable? If it has only just shipped what does that mean for the Windows SDK that has just been release too, is WCF 1.0 in there?

Sorry, another question. Now WCF is finished are the VS 2005 extensions also finished?

Thanks for your help

Graham

• User profile image
    irascian

Did you not see all those .NET 3.0 has RTM'ed announcements a week ago (some idiot bloggers are STILL blogging it - if I read one more announcement I swear I'll kick something! Wink)

.Net 3.0 = WCF and other stuff besides Smiley

• User profile image
    Gravy

Do'h. Sorry. I was getting a little confused because on the .NET 3.0 release it still talks about VS 2005 extensions for WCF and WPF are available in November CTP form.

I guess that answers my questions about the vs extensions also being released.

Does anyone know how soon the extensions (WCF, WPF) will be before they RTM too?

Graham

• User profile image
    nightski

I am under the impression that the extensions were never meant to be officially released (non-ctp), and we won't see them in RTM form until the next version of Visual Studio.

• User profile image
    irascian

You might find this link (The Daily Grind announcement of .net 3.0) useful for finding the bits that work together. Worth subscribing to as there's usually something of interest in each daily post.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.