Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

MSDN Downloads

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    conkerjoe

Anyone else having problems getting into msdn downloads.
    after logging in i get

An Error Has Occurred

We were unable to properly transfer you to the benefit you requested.

You can try to:
    Reference Id: DF7AD1CD

This error has been logged with the reference number noted above. Please use this reference number if you contact support.

• User profile image
    conkerjoe

that was in firefox.. in ie i get

That was in firefox.
    In IE i get

That was in firefox.
    In IE i get

An Error Has Occurred

We were unable to locate the benefit that you were trying to claim in your benefit list.

You can try to:

Reference Id: 134D227C

This error has been logged with the reference number noted above. Please use this reference number if you contact support. 

• User profile image
    gregoryw

I had the error in IE7. However, I tried again a few minutes later and it worked OK. I'm sure that it's just down to the inevitable load at the moment. Things are much better than when VS2005 was released.

• User profile image
    mphacker

Anyone having issues requesting product keys?   I keep getting an error when requesting the key for Vista Ultimate.   Requesting other keys seems to work.

• User profile image
    figuerres

mphacker wrote:
    Anyone having issues requesting product keys?   I keep getting an error when requesting the key for Vista Ultimate.   Requesting other keys seems to work.

Hey I know what this is.... be calm and it will sort out.

when so me of the betas for vista shipped the same thing happened.  give it a few days and it will pass.

I'm sure that MSDN will work to keep the problems down but if like a million folks are all hammering the servers for Keys and files at some point the system will max-out.  and this is just temporary, till the flood goes down to normal levels....

no they are not going to keep you from getting a key or an ISO initentionaly... just max-ed out servers trying to cope with all the requests.

• User profile image
    jox

I'm still getting that error when trying to access to download page Sad

• User profile image
    littleguru

I'm getting it too.

• User profile image
    jox

it's getting really anoying Sad

It lasts for week now, and it happen wheather I try to access my downloads page, key requests or concierge chat!!!!!!!!!!!!

c'mon,  I've lost too much time on this, unable to download anything...

• User profile image
    blowdart

"MVLS, Online Services Administration, SA Benefits Administration and MSDN
    Benefits Administration sites will be unavailable starting from 5:00 PM
    Friday, February 29th, 2008 (PDT) untill 5:00 PM Sunday, March 2nd,2008
    (PDT) for scheduled quarterly upgrades.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

• User profile image
    littleguru

Is it working for you guys again? I'm still getting the error.

• User profile image
    Vasudev

Here also getting the error, "Top downloads page" opens but when clicked on any VS2008 gets an error.
    "See all available download" page also getting error.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

I'm currently downloading VS2008 (a whopping 3905.2 MB!!) and haven't had any problem.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

For me too... Bloody passport/MSN/Windows/Live/Whatever authorization...

Workaround: Go to "Manage My Subscription" and then "Subscriber Downloads and Product Keys". It works for me.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    littleguru

BlackTiger wrote:
    Workaround: Go to "Manage My Subscription" and then "Subscriber Downloads and Product Keys". It works for me.

Thanks for the walkaround. Works also for me Smiley Finally getting the language pack for office - yay!

• User profile image
    Vasudev

Yes, the workaround also works for me. Thanks !

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.