Coffeehouse Thread

38 posts

Wii or PS3

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Have you decided which you are going to buy (if either) yet? Clickable images .

I haven't put the XBox360 figures - but it just broke 7M.

• User profile image
    Angus

If I buy either it will be the Sony Playstation 3, but I'm not sure about whether I will buy it because I will be buying a new computer soon, which will cost quite a bit of money. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    stevo_

A Wii by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The PS3 is uninpired crap that will undoubtedly get a majority of its games in cheap 'port' fashion. Such as ridge racer 7- that actually looks about 500 zillion times worse than the 360 version.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

One day I'll want the Wii; the next I'll want the 360.  Can't I just have both? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Erisan

PS3

FC5 + PS3

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

stevo_ wrote:
    A Wii by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The PS3 is uninpired crap that will undoubtedly get a majority of its games in cheap 'port' fashion. Such as ridge racer 7- that actually looks about 500 zillion times worse than the 360 version.

How is the PS3 crap?

The PS3 has a much greater capability at being a full-fledged computer system with  optional support PPC-based OSes. Sony is even selling the PS3 at a loss of profit, about $150-200 per unit.

You have no credibility.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Erisan wrote:
    PS3

FC5 + PS3

Woah... thats wicked.

How was user able to type?
    Does the PS3 have a keyboard option?

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    compugab

A Wii for sure. I'm a Nintendo Guy... Problem is that there is none left Mad and Amazon.ca doesn't sell it yet :@X2

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Beat me to it....

I think i'll purchase the Wii.

• User profile image
    Erisan

Xaero_Vincent wrote:

How was user able to type?
    Does the PS3 have a keyboard option?

USB keyboard and mouse. I'm not sure, but I think it's possible play with keyboard+mouse also ...

Edit:
    "You can also play games with the keyboard and mouse, if you prefer." - link

"Sony has today confirmed that the PS3 will support a keyboard and mouse for gameplay." - link

• User profile image
    stevo_

Xaero_Vincent wrote:

stevo_ wrote:A Wii by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

How is the PS3 crap?

The PS3 has a much greater capability at being a full-fledged computer system with  optional support PPC-based OSes. Sony is even selling the PS3 at a loss of profit, about $150-200 per unit.

You have no credibility.

Regards,
    Vincent

Hahahaha, yes- because hardware alone makes a good console, hence why the Wii completely blows.

Your reasoning was crap. Mine was based on developers preferring Microsofts vision with the 360/PC, and any games developed for the Wii are going to be designed specifically for its unique play style.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

stevo_ wrote:

Hahahaha, yes- because hardware alone makes a good console, hence why the Wii completely blows.

Your reasoning was crap. Mine was based on developers preferring Microsofts vision with the 360/PC, and any games developed for the Wii are going to be designed specifically for its unique play style.

Wii has more than hardware. Mario, Link, Kirby!

Oooh, but I love the 360/PC thing.  if only Microsoft could get its paws on that Italian plumber, and that kid from Hyrule.  Then I would forgo Wii's neat controller and pound some mushrooms with my 360. (err, when I get a 360)

• User profile image
    Harlequin

The PS3 will become part of my HDTV theater/gaming system. The Wii will end up in the kids playroom.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I'm going to buy a Wii when it's launched and if it's available in the store. When the price from the Playstation 3 comes down to 200-250 € in about a 18 months then I will buy that too.

No xbox 360 for me, unless I win it in a contest. Wink

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

stevo_ wrote:

No. A PS3 can be used as a general purpose computer with a keyboard and mouse (seen the video?), home media center, and game console all in one. In contrast to Xbox live, online gameplay will be free on the PS3.

I dont have anything against the Wii but it's controllers seem very awkward to me. I'm guessing it would take quite a few lessons in frustration to get a handle on it.

Regards,
    Vincent

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Neither.  I might get an Xbox 360 at some point.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

Neither. However I'm going to try to get a 360 when Amazon puts 1000 units on sale for $100 bucks on Thursday.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I saw the PS3 just now at walmart, it looks awesome. But you can't convince me to spend $600 on a freaking gaming platform. I saw the wii, it looks awesome...but forget it, I'm not buying that either. It's too confined to gaming.

Now, the x360? I would definitely buy that thing. It's a DVD Player, an Internet Tool, a Gaming Console, a Computer, and eventually (when XNA comes along) it will become a testing platform for distributable self-made applications...that is anything but confined. Not to mention its graphics kick booty.

Right now all I have is a laptop and a PS2. I'm content. I only play one game on PS2, Guitar Hero.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.