Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bill Gates for president

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Carlos Luna

Adrian Kingsley has a very interesting article posted in section Poll of the day at ZDNet.com. The original post came from Dilbert Blog.

I voted Yes for Bill Tongue Out

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

As of now, Bill Gates vote for yes is 71%.  Yes, I would vote for Bill for President.  So Bill get in there buddy for 2008.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

It would be a waste of his time and would be bad for the world. He's doing more good with his charties on a global scale than he would sitting in the White House for 8 years doing nothing.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

The only wars we'd fight are the wars on disease and poverty. I'd vote Bill in '08.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I'd vote no. Bill is a brilliant man when it comes to business and software - but he's not a president Smiley

• User profile image
    shreyasonli​ne

Bill would be the right president in this period, atleast he wont bomb any country for possessing WMDLinux ! I only doubt that he may drop Windows Vista packages over Iraq and North Korea to curb spread of  Linuxism and MACism !

Shreyas Zare

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Are you guys nuts? If he was president he wouldn't be able to do anything. The House and the lobbyist would keep him at bay. Leave him where he is, he has more than 50 billion dollars to help people. Why mess with that?

• User profile image
    Minh

jsampsonPC wrote:
    I'd vote no. Bill is a brilliant man when it comes to business and software - but he's not a president
    Being brilliant isn't required for the Presidency anymore Big Smile

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Minh wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote: I'd vote no. Bill is a brilliant man when it comes to business and software - but he's not a president
    Being brilliant isn't required for the Presidency anymore

In fact, it's downright discouraged.

• User profile image
    Detroit Muscle

Dilbert blog wrote:
    I think that in an election cycle or two you will see an atheist business leader emerge as a legitimate candidate for president. And his name will be Bill Gates.

I didn't know Bill gates was an atheist.  I think being an athiest would hinder his chances to get elected in the US.

• User profile image
    billh

Detroit Muscle wrote:

Dilbert blog wrote: I think that in an election cycle or two you will see an atheist business leader emerge as a legitimate candidate for president. And his name will be Bill Gates.

I didn't know Bill gates was an atheist.  I think being an athiest would hinder his chances to get elected in the US.
    I wonder if anybody knows. On a post from October 9th, 2006, on Dare's weblog, he mentioned this in a post titled "Meeting Bill Gates":

Dare O. wrote:
    He'd [Bill Gates] read that my dad was a born again Christian and wondered if that extended to the entire family. It doesn't, I'm not terribly religious and my mom is a devout catholic which it turned out BillG's wife is as well.

• User profile image
    sc00ter

If he's got that much money maybe he can spring for us 9'ers to go to College/University so we can learn what we need to to work for MS. Smiley

• User profile image
    Angus

Harlequin wrote:
    Are you guys nuts? If he was president he wouldn't be able to do anything. The House and the lobbyist would keep him at bay. Leave him where he is, he has more than 50 billion dollars to help people. Why mess with that?

Yeah, I would probably be inclined not to vote for him. He is already doing good, why is it necessary to put him in an environment that would probably be more restrictive?

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Number of undelivered promises is not enough? Big Smile

Politicians are liars... So BG would be a good politician!

PS: "Pirates of silicon valley" - Let's sell something (DOS) to somebody (IBM) first, but later we will buy what to actually sell. Big Smile

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    BillGatesfor​President

BlackTiger wrote:

Oh, how cynical. Wink

Yes, quite a few people believe Bill Gates would make a great presidential candidate.

Without wanting to look too spammy, our website should provide you with some of our views.  Smiley

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

When it came time to deliver DOS, did he not deliver it?  Pirates of Silicon Valley was a work of fiction based on real people.  There are two sides to every story and you only saw one, which the producer is a Mac fan I remember reading that shortly after the movie came out, so of course he is going to paint Bill G in a bad light.

BlackTiger wrote:
    Number of undelivered promises is not enough?

PS: "Pirates of silicon valley" - Let's sell something (DOS) to somebody (IBM) first, but later we will buy what to actually sell.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

rjdohnert wrote:
    When it came time to deliver DOS, did he not deliver it?  Pirates of Silicon Valley was a work of fiction based on real people.  There are two sides to every story and you only saw one, which the producer is a Mac fan I remember reading that shortly after the movie came out, so of course he is going to paint Bill G in a bad light.

BlackTiger wrote: Number of undelivered promises is not enough?

PS: "Pirates of silicon valley" - Let's sell something (DOS) to somebody (IBM) first, but later we will buy what to actually sell.

He doesn't exactly paint Jobs in a good light either, though, with all the Xerox stuff and the "great artists steal" bit.

• User profile image
    odujosh

Rory for President:
    "Can you explain to the Niners why you feel the need to jack oil prices up? No? I have some cool new technology to show you. Can you tell us who you are."
    PM says
    "I am PM of the Secret Red Button Project here at microsoft" "After speaking with some of our partners in Israel we got suicides bombers  with remote denotators posted at each of the Opec leaders palace."
    Rory, "Thats some cool technology. I understand you have the device with you today"
    PM, "Yes" [profers device: Rory goes on for awhile how cool it is]
     Rory replys, "Tell President Daukoru about our CTP coming out today"

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.