Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

nForce Audio Vista RTM Suckiness (rant)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Massif

Ahhh nVidia, or is nvidia now? I'm never sure of their branding.

I would so dearly love to use my Vista RTM, but thanks to highly dodgy audio drivers for my nForce4 based motherboard I get BSOD whenever more than one sound plays. (I did originally think it was the TV card, which is running old XP drivers - but playing an mp3 in media player made me realise that this wasn't the case.)

So I know they're beta drivers, but they're pretty shocking, how near launch will it have to be before I get working sound?

And don't get me started on their disk drivers in XP! Next time I'm buying AMD / ATI all the way.

• User profile image
    defstream

Wow, a BSOD on vista. I just don't get any audio, when I try and install some other drivers i just get a bad sound driver pop up.

• User profile image
    nwoolls

I got this too. Are you sure your audio is nvidia? I have an nforce 4 motherboard. Vista installs (buggy) nvidia drivers for my audio, but my audio is Realtek. Not sure if this helps you, but if your audio is Realtek, search for "realtek vista 6183". That should get you the latest drivers which have worked fine for me (as well as previous Realtek Vista drivers).

Loading Image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image is Unavailable

• User profile image
    Ang3lFir3

my nforce4 based Vista RTM Media center is running on integrated sound (for now) and is having no problems using the RC1 audio drivers.....

• User profile image
    Gberg

Nforce4 wth realtek integrated sound working just fine here too.  On initial install it wasnt working at all...no sound.. but windows update ran for the first time and installed the drivers.  All seems to be well...In fact everything sounds great.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.