Coffeehouse Thread

37 posts

Paul Mooney rips Michael Richards on FOX News

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • LaBomba
  • koorb

    I watched the original footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEUIZsmTOE

    And it looks like he was heckled by one of the people in the crowed and then he went off on one giving reference to the fact the guy was black. These things happen when comedians get heckled by the crowed. I think the only reason why this is on the news is because it was caught on camera and it allows the media to talk about something else other than the war.

  • jamie

    ..not that there's anything wrong with that...

    [6]

  • Secret​Software

    He is one of those who like to see black people as slaves. Its sad to see this happen, but I think his career has finished.Sad

  • jsampsonPC

    The Full Apology here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXaXffoQyc&mode=related&search=

    The Heckler's : http://youtube.com/watch?v=DVmtEqC6Fmc

    I'm sorry but "You offended me" isn't enough to sue. If that were the case, I'd be out suing thousands of comedians. I'd be suing every major movie-producer. I'd be suing MTV. I'd be suing...well, you get the point.

    Ms. Gloria Allred is their lawyer.

  • jsampsonPC

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    He is one of those who like to see black people as slaves. Its sad to see this happen, but I think his career has finished.


    Did you completely ignore his apology? Why do you ignore one video over the other? If you ask me, I think he appears more sincere in his apology than he does in his tirade.

    Consider this. In his tirade he's speaking out of anger, without thinking before opening his mouth. In his apology he's calm, and collected. Giving much more thought to what he says.

    The logical deduction, if you ask me, is that he's sincere in his apology and more than likely is not a racist.

  • jamie

    re:  but I think his career has finished.

    ..not that there's anything wrong with that...

    [A]

  • jsampsonPC

    jamie wrote:
    ..not that there's anything wrong with that...



    Not that there's anything wrong with slavery!? I hope that isn't what you mean.

    I see that you've updated your earlier post Smiley Makes sense now. To be frank, I didn't know he had a career Smiley

  • Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    SecretSoftware wrote: He is one of those who like to see black people as slaves. Its sad to see this happen, but I think his career has finished.


    Did you completely ignore his apology? Why do you ignore one video over the other? If you ask me, I think he appears more sincere in his apology than he does in his tirade.

    Consider this. In his tirade he's speaking out of anger, without thinking before opening his mouth. In his apology he's calm, and collected. Giving much more thought to what he says.

    The logical deduction, if you ask me, is that he's sincere in his apology and more than likely is not a racist.


    When your angery , that is when the real feelings comeout. What came out is what he thought about black people before he expressed it. Now he appologized after people put public pressure on him, and for sake of his career. If he had appologized right there in the stage people might let it go. But he waited and acted as if nothing happens, which shows he beleived what he did was right.

    I mean he went into details, said nasty things about black people, 50 years ago. So he knew what he was saying.

    Even if he appologized now, its too late. The egg has been broken, and you cant glue it back like it was before.


    If it shows anything, there are racists among us, and it is at times like these, that people must put it in the spot light, to root out similar individuals. This low level of racism must end, because it hurts the foundations and fabric of the society of this nation.

    Above all, there needs to be some time of healing. like few months in some institution... What he said amounts to hate speech, and there is jail time for this kind of thing.

  • jsampsonPC

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    


    When your angery , that is when the real feelings comeout. What came out is what he thought about black people before he expressed it. Now he appologized after people put public pressure on him, and for sake of his career. If he had appologized right there in the stage people might let it go. But he waited and acted as if nothing happens, which shows he beleived what he did was right.

    I mean he went into details, said nasty things about black people, 50 years ago. So he knew what he was saying.

    Even if he appologized now, its too late. The egg has been broken, and you cant glue it back like it was before.

    If it shows anything, there are racists among us, and it is at times like these, that people must put it in the spot light, to root out similar individuals. This low level of racism must end, because it hurts the foundations and fabric of the society of this nation.

    Above all, there needs to be some time of healing. like few months in some institution... What he said amounts to hate speech, and there is jail time for this kind of thing.


    Why is it not hate speech when black people call eachother that word? Why is it not hate speech when the audience person called Michael "Cracker"? Do you suggest jail-time for everybody who offends somebody? If so, you would be in jail, I would be in jail. Everybody would be in jail.

    Michael said he tried to mend this with the people, but if you didn't already know, the people walked out during the show. Is he supposed to hunt them down? Besides, time brings consideration of our actions. If you expect everybody to instantly get a clear-head when they're angry, then you are in for a great dissapointment.

  • jsampsonPC

    jamie wrote:
    ...I dont know how you can have millions and still hate people... sheesh
    I went to middle-school in a primarily-black-populated area in Tennessee. I was one of the few white kids in my school, and I experience a great deal of racism. Believe it or not, it was tough. Fortunately not all of the blacks dealt harshly with me, I had several black friends in that school too. One of which was a big dude who actually got in a fight over somebody insulting me.

    Today, in Pensacola Florida it's a similar situation. We have Russians, Brazillians, Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, etc. I'm sure everybody gets their dose of racism here. I had to walk home a couple years ago and went through a very dense black neighborhood and actually feared for my life. Racism is very alive in America, and it's not just the blacks who are treated badly.

  • Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    SecretSoftware wrote: 


    When your angery , that is when the real feelings comeout. What came out is what he thought about black people before he expressed it. Now he appologized after people put public pressure on him, and for sake of his career. If he had appologized right there in the stage people might let it go. But he waited and acted as if nothing happens, which shows he beleived what he did was right.

    I mean he went into details, said nasty things about black people, 50 years ago. So he knew what he was saying.

    Even if he appologized now, its too late. The egg has been broken, and you cant glue it back like it was before.

    If it shows anything, there are racists among us, and it is at times like these, that people must put it in the spot light, to root out similar individuals. This low level of racism must end, because it hurts the foundations and fabric of the society of this nation.

    Above all, there needs to be some time of healing. like few months in some institution... What he said amounts to hate speech, and there is jail time for this kind of thing.


    Why is it not hate speech when black people call eachother that word? Why is it not hate speech when the audience person called Michael "Cracker"? Do you suggest jail-time for everybody who offends somebody? If so, you would be in jail, I would be in jail. Everybody would be in jail.


    When black people call each other the n word, thats taken not as an insult because its said within a racial group, so it was not intended to be a demeaning thing. But when 2 different people from 2 different racial group say it , its seen as an insult from one race to another.

    Secondly, Cracker is not a racial insult. What he said was nasty, and it was racially motivated. So you cant really compare the two. There is a difference between insulting (saying something that might not be true as an attribute to describe someone else (could be true or not)). But when you say demeaning things about a race and how it was treated 50 years ago in the dark age of slavery in America, then that is directed towards a race of a group of people, and its by definition falls under the Hate Speeches, like those Adolph Hitler said about the Jews.
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    

    Michael said he tried to mend this with the people, but if you didn't already know, the people walked out during the show. Is he supposed to hunt them down? Besides, time brings consideration of our actions. If you expect everybody to instantly get a clear-head when they're angry, then you are in for a great dissapointment.


    No, he continued as they were leaving. I myself, wanted to throw up, so how did the blacks feel as they were witnessing this BS?

    Seocndly, I get angrey all the time, it does not mean I go and spit racially motivated hate speech at a particular race? There is NO execuse for what he did. Anger does not execuse what he did.

    The only thing that can fix him is some jail time for this hate speech he said.

  • jsampsonPC

    "Like Hitler did with the jews"!?

    This is NOTHING like what Hitler did with the Jews. Hitler isn't notorious for saying bad things about the Jews, SecretSoftware. He's notorious for murdering them! Offending somebody over a word is nothing like killing thousands upon thousands of people - horrible analogy.

    Secondly, you saw a short video clip. Did you see what lead up to the tirade? No? So how can you be so sure you know exactly what took place? Did you see what happened immediately afterwards? No? So how can you be so sure you know exactly what took place?

    Do you honestly think that jail-time is necessary overing insulting somebody? Honestly? If so, will you go spend some time in jail for insulting me? Because honestly, I think you're talking down to me and it's making me think you feel you're superior, and I find that insulting </tongueInCheek>.

    Wake up man.

  • jamie

    the weird thing is black humor - and by that i mean - not racial - but dark humor (lenny bruce anyone?) this cannot be made illegal

    on cnn paul rodregez(?) was very cool in saying - hey free speech is free speech - "We will not remove or censor ANY word"   he took the heat for that - kudos to him

    first ammendment etc.

    on the krammer side - the guy lost it - it is clear he does harbor racist tendencies - so he needs help from a shrink / anger management. i doubt he'll work again (although these days scandal sells who knows)

    i dont know how you can have millions and still hate people... sheesh

  • jsampsonPC

    Here's a prime example.

    This guy is speaking calmly, and collectively - like Michael in his apology. Both are speaking from their hearts it would seem. But this guy, not "Kramer", is the one who I feel is the sick, twisted, and ultimately screwed up guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_K0Hlvyys

    So in your estimation, SecretSoftware, who do you take more serious? Kramer in his apology, or this guy in his declaration?

  • Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    "Like Hitler did with the jews"!?

    This is NOTHING like what Hitler did with the Jews. Hitler isn't notorious for saying bad things about the Jews, SecretSoftware. He's notorious for murdering them! Offending somebody over a word is nothing like killing thousands upon thousands of people - horrible analogy.


    What about the tens of years of slavery? Hitler did say demaning things about the jews, Have you read Mine Kampf "my struggle" by Adolph Hitler??
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    

    Secondly, you saw a short video clip. Did you see what lead up to the tirade? No? So how can you be so sure you know exactly what took place? Did you see what happened immediately afterwards? No? So how can you be so sure you know exactly what took place?



    Eye witness accounts tell the whole story. Go check it out in the news.
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    

    Do you honestly think that jail-time is necessary overing insulting somebody? Honestly?

    Its not insulting "somebody". Its insulting an entire race of people. There is a big difference here! I think you are confusing insulting an individual, with hate speech directed at a race.
    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    If so, will you go spend some time in jail for insulting me? Because honestly, I think you're talking down to me and it's making me think you feel you're superior, and I find that insulting </tongueInCheek>.

    Wake up man.


    How Am I talking down to you? What does this have to do with your person? Only thing is that, if you agree with Michael Richards , then maybe its good that you feel insulted. Defending his actions does not speak well of you! I am begining to suspect you have some negative feelings about black people of America.

    PS: I am a white person, but I will not respect racist scumbags whatsoever.

     

  • Secret​Software

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    
    jamie wrote: ...I dont know how you can have millions and still hate people... sheesh
    I went to middle-school in a primarily-black-populated area in Tennessee. I was one of the few white kids in my school, and I experience a great deal of racism. Believe it or not, it was tough. Fortunately not all of the blacks dealt harshly with me, I had several black friends in that school too. One of which was a big dude who actually got in a fight over somebody insulting me.

    Today, in Pensacola Florida it's a similar situation. We have Russians, Brazillians, Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, etc. I'm sure everybody gets their dose of racism here. I had to walk home a couple years ago and went through a very dense black neighborhood and actually feared for my life. Racism is very alive in America, and it's not just the blacks who are treated badly.


    But the blacks were enslaved for tens of years. You think what you experianced (If true), compares to "slavery" of the blacks?

    Secondly, how do you know that what you experianced is / was racism? By what standard you determined that?! Is being bullied considered racism?

  • jsampsonPC

    You didn't address this.

    jsampsonPC wrote:
    Here's a prime example.

    This guy is speaking calmly, and collectively - like Michael in his apology. Both are speaking from their hearts it would seem. But this guy, not "Kramer", is the one who I feel is the sick, twisted, and ultimately screwed up guy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-_K0Hlvyys

    So in your estimation, SecretSoftware, who do you take more serious? Kramer in his apology, or this guy in his declaration?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.