Coffeehouse Thread

1,023 posts

Secret Offer - Free Vista or Office 2007 for Developers

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    raymond

Watch 3 or more webcasts and get a free copy of Vista Business or Office 2007 Pro.

You should check out:

http://www.powertogether.com/

for more information.Big Smile

Very weird ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZzAT-S5DQWink

Is this for real?

Cool

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

US residents only Sad

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

Sven Groot wrote:
    US residents only

surprise surprise

• User profile image
    Chadk

martin_lovick wrote:

Sven Groot wrote: US residents only

surprise surprise

But.. It sux! [C]

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

Its for real. Smiley

This thing is a marketing campaign of mine and is targeted at developers who are willing to watch 3 or more webcasts (each) to get either a copy of Vista Business or Office Pro.

The idea is to get developers excited about developing on these two platforms while getting some training information to help them do it. You can also register for one of the many launch events we'll have across the US as well.

There are some links to the MSDN Forums where you can ask technical questions as well as check out some of the more popular bloggers in both product groups as well.

Finally you can check out all the C9 screen casts on Office and Vista from there as well.

FYI: The site appears to be having some technical difficulties probably due to the crush of activity. Just keep trying for now.

FYI2: I know many of you may have some questions about this. Unfortunately I'm going to be on a long trip with limited access to my favorite place Channel 9 Smiley So please be patient if it takes me a while to get back here.

Regards,
    Mark

• User profile image
    Mark Brown

Chadk wrote:

martin_lovick wrote: 

surprise surprise

But.. It sux!

Yes, very sorry about that. I work in the US-Sub so there is that to contend with. I don't have the budget to do WW campaigns. There is also a tax issue as well that I wasn't prepared to deal with. If a user decides they want to take both the Vista and Office offer it is a taxable event here in the US since the combined value is over $600. That requires a W9 that we send to the user to be signed and sent back via fax or snail mail before we can ship the second product. Since I can't handle this type of thing for every country in the world you can see where my problem was with trying to do this world wide.

Sorry about this really.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Mark Brown wrote:

Chadk wrote: 
    martin_lovick wrote: 

surprise surprise

But.. It sux!

Yes, very sorry about that. I work in the US-Sub so there is that to contend with. I don't have the budget to do WW campaigns. There is also a tax issue as well that I wasn't prepared to deal with. If a user decides they want to take both the Vista and Office offer it is a taxable event here in the US since the combined value is over $600. That requires a W9 that we send to the user to be signed and sent back via fax or snail mail before we can ship the second product. Since I can't handle this type of thing for every country in the world you can see where my problem was with trying to do this world wide.

Sorry about this really.

It all makes sense then! Smiley
    Shame tho. We need some of the EU marketing divisions to do something like this.

• User profile image
    AthemeX

Chadk wrote:

Mark Brown wrote: 
    Chadk wrote: 
    martin_lovick wrote: 

surprise surprise

But.. It sux!

Sorry about this really.

It all makes sense then!
    Shame tho. We need some of the EU marketing divisions to do something like this.

ABSOLUTELY !!! Tongue Out

• User profile image
    stevo_

< UK

This is racism at its worst Tongue Out

Actually I was really gutted.. I even picked tons of casts instead of just the min requirement Sad.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

On average, how long are the casts? I cannot seem to register Smiley

Mark, am I required to provide my SSN if I intend to only get Vista?

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

I'm getting "Sorry, a System Error Occurred" when I try to register. Anyone else?

P.S. If anyone submits this to Slashdot or Digg I will punch you.

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

jsampsonPC wrote:
    On average, how long are the casts? I cannot seem to register

Mark, am I required to provide my SSN if I intend to only get Vista?

What about those of us who make it a rule NOT to use SSN this way?

Mark?

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

DigitalDud wrote:
    I'm getting "Sorry, a System Error Occurred" when I try to register. Anyone else?

Over a dozen times, dude..

Sad

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Jack Poison wrote:

DigitalDud wrote:I'm getting "Sorry, a System Error Occurred" when I try to register. Anyone else?

Over a dozen times, dude..

Yeah same here...Oh and question, how come I haven't gotten my connect CD key...but these guys can just ship em out?

• User profile image
    joshburg

Deleted.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

As a suggestion, you shouldn't look into any kind of law career Smiley

• User profile image
    The J

Not working here, either. Fortunately, according to the offer details, this offer lasts until sometime in February.

• User profile image
    pathfinder

Same error for me too.  I will try again later.  There must be a database issue doing an insert.  I am interested in LINQ.  I saw Scott when he was in Phoenix and the technology looked great!!

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.