Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Handwriting

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Angus

My handwriting is notoriously bad, and I was wondering whether this has anything to do with how I spend a lot of time typing things, and not as much time writing.

So, as the rest of the Channel 9 users will, I am sure, spend longer than me typing, and using the computer, I would like to ask: "how good is your handwriting?".

It is interesting to see different people's handwriting. Has anyone with good handwriting got tips for making ones handwriting better? Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    koorb

I have seen five year olds with better handwriting than me.

However I rarely ever write anything by hand and I can easily read back my own writing, because I think it only becomes a problem for somebody when they can't read back their own notes and I have known a few people with that problem.

• User profile image
    Angus

koorb wrote:
    I have seen five year olds with better handwriting than me.

However I rarely ever write anything by hand and I can easily read back my own writing, because I think it only becomes a problem for somebody when they can't read back their own notes and I have known a few people with that problem.

I sometimes have difficulty with my own writing, especially if I am working fast.

I wish I was allowed to type at school to take notes, it is so much easier than writing, and I would be able to make sure that I had notes that were useful to me later on. Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    JonLumb

My handwriting naturally wasn't fantastic, and when writing at the speed required for lectures, was dreadful.  I found that writing all in capitals makes my handwriting improve no end, to the point that I don't have any trouble at all.  I am now so used to capitals that I find it really strange to write anything in lower case.

Hope this is of some use to you.

P.s. You will probably need to allow a week of two of hard graft to get used the change, as it took me a little while to adjust.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.