I'm not very happy with the current implementation of the MSDN forums. Since I'm posting recently, I have encountered quite a few problems and glitches.
1) Hitting the ENTER key always creates a new paragraph in the editor.
2) Same happens with copy+paste of code. It creates for each line a new paragraph, which looks terrible - and all indents get lost.
3) Font size changes as it wants.
4) Quoting doesn't work as expected. The quoted text is not included, but the reply to the quoted post is added under the quoted post. Which breaks the whole post history. Very strange stuff!
5) Profile area is spartan!
6) Search is weird
7) I tried to filter the posts and set the filter back afterwards. The original order wasn't restored. I had to leave the forum and enter again to have everything set back.
I don't know who did the coding for this thing, but it needs improvement. Is this build on Community Server?
Is somebody from the MSDN forums teams here at Channel 9? Are there any updates planned or are there plans to use the new Channel9/10 system for those forums?
Perhaps I'm caring to much about the HTML output and perhaps I'm a little bit to accurate, but it makes me feel bad if everything looks so strange.
Not that MSDN forums are bad (please don't get me wrong!)... Some bugs/glitches are just
Hey Littleguru, could you do me a favor and e-mail me your issues? My team is helping fix some bugs in the forum software, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of the ones you listed are already in our queue if not already taken care of internally. Also make sure
you enter the individual bugs at the Connect site. That will get them in the official channels, but I can e-mail your list directly to the people who will look at them.
We know there are issues with the forum software, but we are trying to make improvements. I don't know what the timetable is for pushing the bug fixes live, but rest assured, there are updates planned for the platform. They don't tend to be as sweeping or
major as what you'd see here on C9, but they do happen.
My team, Developer Solutions, doesn't own the code for the forums, but we do "own" the forums experience, so it is our job to make sure it gets better, and that you're happy with it.