Coffeehouse Thread

65 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Last post, bye bye Channel 9...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    doomer

    Dear friends, I'm leaving this forum forever (i believe) because:

    1º There haves some users heavly aggressive in opposition to Google, AOL, Linux, and any other company or system or apps that try to dispute public with Microsoft.

    2º This is the only forum of the world that not notify via e-mail when a user answer mu post. [C]


    Thanks guys... see ya. =*

  • User profile image
    PetKnep

    1. Who are you? Tongue Out Just kidding, just never seen you post before. You shouldn't let the internet hurt your feelings. That's why trolls exist because they know they can hurt your feelings by posting exactly what pisses you off.

    2. Email is web 1.0 technology. You can get an RSS feed per topic.

    Edit: I can't even find the thread that has you so offended. Am I blind?

  • User profile image
    eagle

    Todos usa Google....

  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

    doomer wrote:
    Dear friends, I'm leaving this forum forever (i believe) because:

    1º There haves some users heavly aggressive in opposition to Google, AOL, Linux, and any other company or system or apps that try to dispute public with Microsoft.

    2º This is the only forum of the world that not notify via e-mail when a user answer mu post.


    Thanks guys... see ya. =*


    You're upset because of opposition? Um, I suppose you won't be visiting the grocery store any time soon...my aunt likes grape jelly whereas my mother prefers raspberry - it gets pretty ridiculous sometimes, best not to visit the store at all if you ask me Wink j/k

    Instead of complaining about email notification (which is awesome, and I would like for c9 to consider it), why not voice your opinion? This community, unlike many others, actually puts an ear toward the people. There have been dozens of threads like "Ideas for c9" which listed endless amounts of upgrade suggestions, etc. Why don't I recall seeing your name in those threads?

    If you sincerely wish to leave for these reasons, then I suspect it will be a while before you find a forum that you are truly satisfied with. But either way, best wishes.

    Jonathan

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    I looked briefly at his blog.  It seems the "Windows Live Custom Domains vs. Google Apps" thread upset him somehow.

  • User profile image
    doomer

    I'm only a reader there, but opinions by users like Darbacour are very offensive

    and Channel9's RSS only delivery topics, not replies... Sad

  • User profile image
    PetKnep

    doomer wrote:
    I'm only a reader there, but opinions by users like Darbacour are very offensive

    and Channel9's RSS only delivery topics, not replies...

    http://channel9.msdn.com/rss.aspx?threadid=263157

    You can RSS per thread.

    What was offensive about Darbacour's opinion? I don't see it. I might be mentally challenged here after playing Xbox 360 all day. Please explain it to me.

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    PetKnep wrote:
    Ah, yeah I just read his blog to.. My spanish is not so great.

    His blog is in Portuguese, not Spanish.

  • User profile image
    PetKnep

    JChung2006 wrote:
    
    PetKnep wrote: Ah, yeah I just read his blog to.. My spanish is not so great.

    His blog is in Portuguese, not Spanish.


    Ah thanks. I'm very sorry for the mix up. I do realize that it's a big insult to confuse the two. I really didn't even attempt to read it. I'll edit my old posts to reflect.

  • User profile image
    PetKnep

    Ah, yeah I just read his blog to.. My spanish is not so great. I don't see the diss really. One poster is upset that Google indexes his email correspondence with a gmail member.

    Is that even a disputable fact? Google can go through his email.

    Can someone that reads Portuguese figure out how he extrapolated some Linux hatred out of that thread? Seems like he's grasping at straws, but I can't make it out.

    Edit: changed language

  • User profile image
    eagle

    Darbacour joined today at 6am EST, so he must live where it's GMT,

    He'll be banned tomorrow then be back with a new name.....or maybe he has another name we all know....

  • User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

    Channel9 is probably the most enjoyable geek forum I encountered. There are very few or no prejudices about Linux, Google or Apple.
    Your impression is very rushed and if you are leaving, then I can tell you for sure that it's your loss Smiley

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    doomer wrote:
    I'm only a reader there, but opinions by users like Darbacour are very offensive

    and Channel9's RSS only delivery topics, not replies...


    Darbacour is new here.  I can assure you that this forum isn't usually this way.

    Channel 9 Doctrine:

    9. Commit to the conversation. Don't stop listening just because you are busy. Don't stop participating because you don't agree with someone. Relationships are not built in a day, be in it for the long haul and we will all reap the benefits as an industry.

  • User profile image
    Sidicas

    I think you're wrong... In the thread that I've been viewing for the past week or so, SHE (Darbacour) has been very nice to everybody... http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=262701#262701 This is just a big misunderstanding... Give her time to adapt to the forums.

  • User profile image
    Bas

    doomer wrote:

    1º There haves some users heavly aggressive in opposition to Google, AOL, Linux, and any other company or system or apps that try to dispute public with Microsoft.


    Just to chime in here: it's my experience that many, many other forums are heavily aggressive in opposition to Microsoft. From the short time I've lurked here, I thought it was actually suprisingly neutral about both MS and its competitors.

    But, to quote Ben Kenobi: You must do what you feel is right, of course.

  • User profile image
    littleguru

    PetKnep wrote:
    2. Email is web 1.0 technology. You can get an RSS feed per topic.


    Man, DO I LOVE Web 1.0

  • User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

    Bas wrote:
    Just to chime in here: it's my experience that many, many other forums are heavily aggressive in opposition to Microsoft. From the short time I've lurked here, I thought it was actually suprisingly neutral about both MS and its competitors.

    But, to quote Ben Kenobi: You must do what you feel is right, of course.


    Very right you are.

    It makes Channel 9 Coffeehouse a respectable, fair and balanced forum.

    Sort of how Fox News network is fair and balanced regarding left and right wing political viewpoints.

    I hope it remains this way with the upcoming Channel 9 update.


    Regards,
    Vincent

  • User profile image
    Bas

    Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    
    Very right you are.

    It makes Channel 9 Coffeehouse a respectable, fair and balanced forum.

    Sort of how Fox News network is fair and balanced regarding left and right wing political viewpoints.


    I'm sorry you disagree..

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.