Coffeehouse Thread

58 posts

what is significant about Mars?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2006/dec/HQ_M06186_Mars_Briefing.html

Anyone want to take a guess at what the finding is?

I am guessing they found Waldo.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Water.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Underground cities teaming with little green men?

Herbie

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Rumored to be an announcement of having found flowing water.

• User profile image
    Tensor

Flowing water would be massive news!

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

OIL

WMD

OBL

• User profile image
    littleguru

AdrianJMartin wrote:

OIL

WMD

OBL

I don't know it too. But OIL isn't it for sure... Costs to much to bring it to earth. I think it's as it always was with human kind: we need to explore and own.

• User profile image
    Adrian​JMartin

oh so it not OIL then! Big Smile does that mean you think it may be WMD or OBL !?

• User profile image
    Massif

Oil would be huge news, seeing as how it's generally comprised of dead creatures.

It's got to be water, although perhaps they've found the Colonel's Secret Recipe?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

I keep trying to tell you,  it's Martians.  You just find it hard to believe because they use mind-rays to control your thoughts.

I've got a tin-foil hat.

Herbie

Water would be pretty interesting, though.

• User profile image
    zhuo

I wouldn't be surprised if they've found water.

Back to your question about what's significant about Mars?

Eventually we will have to move off Earth to find other inhabitable planets, I guess colonizing Mars is naturally the first step to take.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

Meanwhile, over on the other side of the planet Earth, it's Convert or Else.

News wrote:
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".
    Um, yeah. So when does the colonization start?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

zhuo wrote:
    Eventually we will have to move off Earth to find other inhabitable planets, I guess colonizing Mars is naturally the first step to take.

Why will we 'have' to move off Earth?

Herbie

• User profile image
    Minh

Cornelius Ellsonpeter wrote:
    Meanwhile, over on the other side of the planet Earth, it's Convert or Else.

News wrote:Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has warned Western leaders to follow the path of God or "vanish from the face of the earth".
    Um, yeah. So when does the colonization start?
    I'll call your crazie & raise you a crazie:

BBC wrote:
    President George W Bush told Palestinian ministers that God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq - and create a Palestinian State, a new BBC series reveals.
    Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Instead of colonizing Mars, we should blow it up, after blowing up the moon.

• User profile image
    eagle

Larry and Sergey

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

eagle wrote:
     Larry and Sergey

I smell a plot for C9 Park.

Herbie

• User profile image
    littleguru

Massif wrote:
    Oil would be huge news, seeing as how it's generally comprised of dead creatures.

It's got to be water, although perhaps they've found the Colonel's Secret Recipe?

Sure that's a valid point. Tongue Out What I'm wondering in general is if they find something, that is rare on earth, is it worth it bringing it back to earth... Transport costs a lot from mars to earth.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.