Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Swimming with Vista Media Center

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Carlos Luna

Interesting comment on Vista Media Center by John Carroll, a developer who writes blogs at ZDNet.com.  Check out what he thinks of the new Media Center on Windows Vista.

Pay close attention near the end of the article as he explains areas in which MCE could be further improved.

• User profile image
    Massif

My favourite feature is burning recorded tv to DVD so that a DVD player can read it without needing any other software. I couldn't do this in XP MCE, so being able to do it now is marvellous.

• User profile image
    Carlos Luna

I agree. I tried that feature and it's awesome!

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

Massif wrote:
    My favourite feature is burning recorded tv to DVD so that a DVD player can read it without needing any other software. I couldn't do this in XP MCE, so being able to do it now is marvellous.

I've been able to do that, burning a DVD in my XP MCE. I had to get another codec or something.. But I'm doing it right now, as a matter of fact. I right-click on a recorded TV and presented an option "Create CD / DVD", right in Media Center.

• User profile image
    Massif

Jack Poison wrote:

Massif wrote:My favourite feature is burning recorded tv to DVD so that a DVD player can read it without needing any other software. I couldn't do this in XP MCE, so being able to do it now is marvellous.

I've been able to do that, burning a DVD in my XP MCE. I had to get another codec or something.. But I'm doing it right now, as a matter of fact. I right-click on a recorded TV and presented an option "Create CD / DVD", right in Media Center.

Awwww... I only get the ability to burn as a Data DVD. Not that it matters, the moment I can sort out the sound (and transfer all the data in a safe way) I'm going Vista full time.

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

Agreed - Now that Vista is out, burning from XP MCE is a moot issue. But, I wanted to throw out that yo ucan do it now. Shoot, I'm use from time to time WinDVD Creator to edit out commercials, etc..

• User profile image
    Carlos Luna

This is a most-have feature request:

How many times have you been browsing the EPG and seen shows (starting at different times) that you may be interested to watch but then later you totally forgot to switch the channel and when you do, the shows have already started?

Wouldn't be nice to have an option as part of the Info button to remind you when the show starts? That way, you  could be notified or even switched to that channel.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.