Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

No Telnet

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

Is there no Telnet in Vista? :O

• User profile image
    wagtberg

From "Windows Help and Support" @Vista:

By default, Telnet is not installed with Windows, but you can install it by following the steps below.

To install Telnet Client
    1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows features on or off. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In the Windows Features dialog box, select the Telnet Client check box.

3. Click OK. The installation might take several minutes.

• User profile image
    rhm

I'd advise you to save yourself some time and download PuTTy (google it) instead.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

rhm wrote:
    I'd advise you to save yourself some time and download PuTTy (google it) instead.

Seconded!

PuTTy rules. Smiley

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Sven Groot wrote:

rhm wrote:I'd advise you to save yourself some time and download PuTTy (google it) instead.

Seconded!

PuTTy rules.

Thirded

• User profile image
    cheong

Cybermagellan wrote:

Sven Groot wrote:
    rhm wrote:I'd advise you to save yourself some time and download PuTTy (google it) instead.

Seconded!

PuTTy rules.

Thirded

Forthed!

Recent Achievement unlocked: Code Avenger Tier 4/6: You see dead program. A lot!
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.