Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Anyone know any Vista x64 compatible sound cards?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ambition

The onboard sound won't work without a BIOS update that also won't work, so I'm looking for a fairly good, fairly inexpensive sound card.

• User profile image
    ckozlowski

I know creative has some inexpensive versions of the X-Fi coming out, which is a very capable sound card. Unfortunitally, the drivers are still in beta. They work ok for the most part, and I have sound using my X-Fi on Vista x64. I have had no serious issues that I can tell. But I cannot get my music to play over 4 channels, just 2 channels only. =( Games play in 4 channel though, so I'm not sure what's going on.

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Ambition wrote:
    The onboard sound won't work without a BIOS update that also won't work, so I'm looking for a fairly good, fairly inexpensive sound card.
    Why not upgrade the BIOS?

• User profile image
    Larry​Osterman

Ambition wrote:
    Why not upgrade the BIOS?

• User profile image
    idividebyze​ro

your average run-of-the-mill soundblaster Live should probably work with the drivers included in the Vista install.

• User profile image
    ckozlowski

Creative released a new set of X-Fi drivers for Vista x64 today (v 2.13.0001.) I'll give them a try when I get home and let you know how they work.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.