Troops in Iraq
    6%
    Jesus Christ 3%

Bill Gates
    1%

• User profile image
    dahat

So an opinion poll indicates truth?

Please just drop the issue Minh... at least until the end of the 2008 elections.

• User profile image
    Jack Poison

I hate these polls...

I am no fan of Bush, nor his neo-con cronies, but this kinda crap shows how stupid people are.

In the late 90's, there was a poll (not sure where or now scientific) that stated Bill Clinton was more evil than Hitler.

Come on, some guy who had an affair is worse than someone who butchered millions? Bush is 12 X more evil than a dictator who oppresses his constituents and has the bulk of his population hungry, if not starving?

Don't think so.

Sorry for feeding the troll.

• User profile image
    Minh

It's an interesting glimpse into the mid-term election, though.

• User profile image
    dahat

Minh wrote:
    It's an interesting glimpse into the mid-term election, though.

You keep saying that, especially in your old "The American people have spoken" thread about just how much people hate Bush-43... and yet, the Democrats weren't given a supermajority in the Senate in November.

Despite all of this apparent hatred, the American people did not elect representatives in sufficient numbers to remove Bush-43 from office.

Doesn’t that say anything to you?

Oh right, you've said it before: "Spin spin spin."

• User profile image
    eagle

Steve Jobs might be on that list by the end of today....

• User profile image
    Minh

dahat wrote:
    American people did not elect representatives in sufficient numbers to remove Bush-43 from office.
    I don't buy the mid-term election results, either, Dahat.

I think most of those votes against Bush were accidents. They probably intended to go Bush, but somehow tripped & pulled the wrong lever instead.

• User profile image
    billh

Can I ask a question? Are there things in this world you do not hate? What brings you joy? Does anything bring you peace?

• User profile image
    Minh

I don't hate these:

• User profile image
    dahat

Minh wrote:
    I don't buy the mid-term election results, either, Dahat.

I think most of those votes against Bush were accidents. They probably intended to go Bush, but somehow tripped & pulled the wrong lever instead.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you take something very logical and simple that I said, and blow it off and make stuff up?

Please stop dodging the question and answer it if you so firmly believe in what you say: How do you explain the lack of votes in the Senate to convict the President after an impeachment? If the American people think so ill of him, why didn’t they give that tool to the Democrats and enable them to remove him from office once and for all?

Do you think that they are that afraid of Cheney that they dare not remove Bush-43 for fear of the ascension of a greater tyrant? If that was the case and the Democrats had the votes, they could also remove Cheney as well and give Pelosi the top job.

Why didn't they?

Or am I just 'spinning'?

• User profile image
    dahat

Minh wrote:
    I don't hate these:

So you hate Bush and the Irish eh?

• User profile image
    Minh

dahat wrote:

Minh wrote:I don't buy the mid-term election results, either, Dahat.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you take something very logical and simple that I said, and blow it off and make stuff up?

Please stop dodging the question and answer it if you so firmly believe in what you say: How do you explain the lack of votes in the Senate to convict the President after an impeachment? If the American people think so ill of him, why didn’t they give that tool to the Democrats and enable them to remove him from office once and for all?

Do you think that they are that afraid of Cheney that they dare not remove Bush-43 for fear of the ascension of a greater tyrant? If that was the case and the Democrats had the votes, they could also remove Cheney as well and give Pelosi the top job.

Why didn't they?

Or am I just 'spinning'?

Speaking of dodging, there seems to be a resurgence in popularity of dodge ball here where I live. We even have an outdoor, adult league of dodge ball teams. I might try to get people from work to form a team or something next summer.

• User profile image
    Minh

dahat wrote:

Minh wrote:I don't hate these:

So you hate Bush and the Irish eh?

On the contray. This was my fav' growing up:

• User profile image
    Harlequin

dahat wrote:

Why didn't they?

Or am I just 'spinning'?

The Senate/Congress can remove a Vice-President at will?

• User profile image
    billh

Isaiah 24:14

NIV wrote:
    They raise their voices, they shout for joy;        from the west they acclaim the LORD's majesty.

• User profile image
    dahat

Minh wrote:
    Speaking of dodging, there seems to be a resurgence in popularity of dodge ball here where I live. We even have an outdoor, adult league of dodge ball teams. I might try to get people from work to form a team or something next summer.

I suppose the one good part about these childish responses Minh is that you are setting yourself up for quite a fall should things one day not go your way.

Sure, Bush-43 will get his 'comprehensive immigration reform' package which lines up pretty good with the amnesty the Democrats have been fighting for. The Dems will also get their minimum wage increase. Not much more will happen so easily I expect, not until 2008 when there is a chance for a little more shakeup.

First up... remember that I am a Libertarian (neo-Libertarian if you want to get specific) and in the most recent election I ended up voting for more non-Republicans than I did Republicans (what can I say? South Dakota loves its Democrat congresswoman). I have little love for Bush-43 and his refusal to use his veto stamp or spend more and more money (just to name a few things)... but I have come to prefer him over some of the alternatives even though I have never voted for the guy.

As I've said before, I fully expect the Democrats to utterly get trounced in the 2008 elections at the federal level and the Republicans clean up.

Sadly the Libertarians will likely still be sitting off to the side saying "What about us? Don't you guys like us? Oh yea... you don't know who we are."

I am so sure of this, that I am not going to sit here and argue about these things with you and participate in your outright refusal to move beyond this pathetic trolling... instead, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and see if you will do the same.

If in 2008 the Republicans and Libertarians together do not pickup both the Whitehouse and a majority in the House and Senate (better than 51/49, likely not a supermajority)... I will print every single page of this thread and the previous one, cut them up a bit, pour on some tomato sauce and eat my words with a camera rolling and publish that video online for you, C9 and the world to see.

I have asked honest questions that you've refused to address.

I have made points that you've refused to address.

I am willing to debase myself so totally if I am wrong... can you say the same? Or aren't your convictions that strong?

If they aren't... the please do us all a favor and shut the hell up when it comes to this political trolling. I will mention that if you don't... I will make it a point to remind you and everyone else of how strong my convictions and predictions are in this and how weak yours are.

Fair enough?

• User profile image
    dahat

Harlequin wrote:
    The Senate/Congress can remove a Vice-President at will?

Yup.

US Constitution, Article II, Section 4 wrote:
    The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Do note that the above does not apply to Congressmen and Senators... who can be expelled by a simple majority in the respective chamber.

It does apply to Cabinet officers and Federal judges though.

While such an expulsion is not the same as a removal from office, it effectively means that the body will no longer recognize that individual as a representative.

This is coupled with the ability in *some* states to recall their Congressmen or Senator.

• User profile image
    KosherCoder

"The much-maligned common man and common woman have an enormous hunger for brotherhood. They are ready for the 23rd century now. They are light-years ahead of their petty governments and visionless leaders."

-- Gene Roddenberry, 1976

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.