Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Beckham moves to LA

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    harumscarum

Beckham is moving to LA so he and the wife can work on their movie careers. He will also be playing for the local soccer team. At least the MLS finally has a player to market.

• User profile image
    p-mec

yeah, old star Smiley He moved to LA to retire. Real football ( or soccer as you say ) is in europe. He is to weak to play on hi level in some top-class european club. But i agree - hiring him is the best way to popularize this sport in Your country

• User profile image
    Tensor

31 isnt what I'd call old - even for a footballer.

• User profile image
    p-mec

ok, he can play 3-4 years. But he isn't on top today ( he is from commercial point of view but not from sports level point of view )

• User profile image
    irascian

Anybody who's seen Beckam's "deer trapped in headlights" performance in "Goal" (where all he had to do was deliver a couple of lines playing himself) knows he hasn't a snowball in hell's chance of having ANY kind of a movie career.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

irascian wrote:
    Anybody who's seen Beckam's "deer trapped in headlights" performance in "Goal" (where all he had to do was deliver a couple of lines playing himself) knows he hasn't a snowball in hell's chance of having ANY kind of a movie career.

And unless they make a live-action version of He-Man, we won't be seeing skeletor (aka "bag of antlers" aka posh) in a movie, either.

• User profile image
    Gambit

$250 million over 5 years for a 31 year old midfielder who isn't that great. So bloody stupid. This was a business decision by the Galaxy, a team I support, not a footballting one. How the hell can they even pay this guys salary? I hopes it's with the shirt sales, but I suspect that the team will raise the season ticket prices.

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

ScanIAm: they already made a live-action version of He-Man, a while ago: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/

• User profile image
    Angus

On the news they were saying that if he moves to a USA team, he will almost certainly not be in the England team, which will be bad for him I'm sure. However, his age is rather high for a top-level footballer (or at least I would think so).

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

TommyCarlier wrote:
    ScanIAm: they already made a live-action version of He-Man, a while ago: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/

Hahahaha, I'm sure courtney cox is proud of that one....

• User profile image
    Bas

Hey, no dissing Masters of the Universe! Frank Langella is the coolest Skeletor.

Also, it has Mr. Strickland in it!

• User profile image
    bart7simpso​n7

Beckham was always more of a marketing product than a football player. He could shoot good crosses and free kicks and that is about it. In his high level career I only saw one good action from him and that was the goal against Real Madrid a few years ago in the Champions League.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.