Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

OneCare virus scanning ISO files

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Gravy

Hi there,

I'm running the OneCare beta and when it does a Tune Up it seems to be scanning the .ISO files I have. Scanning these files seems to  make the Tune Up wizard run for days, often never finishing before I have to turn the machine off.

Is it possible to exclude file types from OneCare's virus scan? I found the place to exlude individual files but not file types.

Thanks for your help. 

• User profile image
    jacksonphil

Open OneCare
    Click on View or Change Settings
    Click the Anti-Virus Tab
    Click the Exclusion Button
    Click on Add
    Browse to and Select the file you wish to disclude

• User profile image
    Gravy

Doesn't that just exlude one particular file? I want to tell OneCare to ignore ALL *.iso files.

• User profile image
    BitFlipper

Yes, I find this super-annoying.  And the scanner is not smart enough to coninue from the last point where it was interrupted if you need to shut down, so in my case it NEVER completes.  Well, untill I search my system for all *.iso and *.img files, and add them to the exclusion list one-by-one (wild-card support for filenames would be great).

This part of the program's functionality can do with some much-needed improvement.

BitFlipper

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.