Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Expression Web on MSDN?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian

I can't find this on my MSDN subscription (a search only shows  me  the Jan Orcas download?)

Does anyone know whether this is excluded from MSDN (certified partners)?

NB A trial version is available from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/Expression-Web/default.mspx

• User profile image
    Be#

Ian wrote:

I can't find this on my MSDN subscription (a search only shows  me  the Jan Orcas download?)

Does anyone know whether this is excluded from MSDN (certified partners)?

NB A trial version is available from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/Expression-Web/default.mspx

Afaik there are no plans to include any of the Expression tools into MSDN. There has been quite some discussion related to this. Maybe Microsoft changes its mind... Smiley

• User profile image
    Arran

I can sort of understand not having Expression Designer on there (however i do use that to get XAML).

However not having Web and Blend on there is a really bad move.  They are both very major tools for developers.  Blend mostly as it is the only good/productive way to develop WPF UIs.

• User profile image
    davemc

This omission is a big one as far as the UK Community are concerned.  At the last UK Community Leaders Tony Rogerson (UK SQL Server UG) raised this point strongly, you can hear it in the following podcast from NxtGenUG http://www.nxtgenug.net/Podcasts.aspx?PodcastID=17 Smiley

I think we should all rise up and pressure MS to include Expressions Web in the MSDN Smiley

Cheers

• User profile image
    shuff1203

Expression Web is the replacement for FrontPage - FrontPage is on the MSDN so logic would follow that Expression Web would be there too - and there is logic for saying the entire Expression product line would be on there.

• User profile image
    Ian

OK, rather  surprised/dissapointed that these tools are not a part of MSDN.  I hope that this will change,  in the meantime does anyone know whether the Expression line is included as a part of the 'Action pack'?

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

I thought the Action pack was the MSDN. Perplexed

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

duplicate post

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

JohnAskew wrote:
    I thought the Action pack was the MSDN.

The Action back is very cool if your a small company as it allows the products to be used for internal business use as well as demo/learning.

Win2k3R2/Exchange/SQL/10xOffice/10xVista all for £250 quid a year, utter bargin!

And yes, Expression Web is in there.

• User profile image
    nlinus

I think I'd prefer VS to include some of the UI for web design that is in Expression Web rather than adding another App to the list of stuff to install from MSDN.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

shuff1203 wrote:

Expression Web is the replacement for FrontPage - FrontPage is on the MSDN so logic would follow that Expression Web would be there too - and there is logic for saying the entire Expression product line would be on there.

No it isn't.

FrontPage's replacement is officially SharePoint Designer. Expression Web is competing more with Dreamweaver and GoLive, a new product direction for Microsoft since FrontPage was never targeted at professionals.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.